Cyberpunk 2077

GoGo Yubari

1 minute ago, Ruki Returns said:

I was fine with some of the visual bugs, but the ones that actively impede my progress is annoying. Plus, not having key NPCs not voiced in the final few cutscenes was kind of a bummer. 

I've experienced bugs like that multiple times and game crashes still keep happening. 

I WANT ROOM SERVICE!

NQKS9Pi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Another hotfix in the next 10 days, two patches are scheduled to hit before the DLC does... but speaking of, the DLC is delayed, but it comes out before the next-gen upgrade (which is pushed back to the second half of 2021).

They also confirmed that the focus of the game's development was on the PC version, and they tried to port the work they had there to current and next-gen consoles, and that obviously didn't work. The way they word the Q&A on their website makes it seem like they were shocked that people had so many bugs, glitches and crashes because magically they never encountered any of that while they were testing!

EDIT: I got my refund last weekend, so I'm fine. But maybe I'll get to play this in 2022 or something. I'm not buying it again until the next-gen upgrade, and I know that most things have been fixed (mostly the crashes).

EDIT2: Here's the Q&A from their website:

Q: Why is there such a gap between PC versions of Cyberpunk 2077 and old-gen consoles?

A: Cyberpunk 2077 is huge in scope, it features a multitude of custom objects, interacting systems and mechanics. In the game, everything is not stretched out over flat terrain where we can make things less taxing hardware-wise, but condensed in one big city and in a relatively loading-free environment. We made it even more difficult for ourselves by first wanting to make the game look epic on PCs and then adjusting it to consoles — especially old-gens. That was our core assumption. And things did not look super difficult at first, while we knew the hardware gap, ultimately, time has proven that we've underestimated the task.

Q: What was the main issue that made development for consoles that difficult?

A: The main culprit was having to constantly improve our in-game streaming system for old-gen consoles. Streaming is responsible for “feeding” the engine with what you see on screen, as well as the game mechanics. Since the city is so packed and the disk bandwidth of old-gen consoles is what it is, this is something that constantly challenged us.

Q: Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A: We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

Q: Why was there a gap between PC and console reviews?

A: We started sending out PC review keys to start the review process in the first week of December. Come December 10th, launch day, we had a really good start with PC reviews, and while it’s not perfect, this is a version of the game we were, and still are, very proud of. When it comes to the review process for consoles, at the same time PC codes were sent out we were still working hard to improve the quality of the game on old-gen consoles. Every extra day that we worked on the day zero update brought visible improvement — that’s why we started sending console codes for reviews on the 8th December, which was later than we had planned.

Q: What have you done since launch to make the game better?

A: Our top priority since launch has been to fix bugs in Cyberpunk 2077. We have already released three hotfixes which have improved the game, but these are just the beginning.

Q: What are you going to do going forward to fix Cyberpunk 2077?

A: We are focused on fixing the bugs and crashes players are experiencing across every platform. You can expect more in the way of patches — both small and large — to be released regularly. The first update will drop in the next 10 days, and it will be followed by a larger, more significant update, in the weeks after. Our plans for supporting Cyberpunk 2077 in the long-term are unchanged, and we will continue to introduce updates and patches to give all players across all consoles and PCs a better experience with the game.

Q: You have said there would be free DLC for the game in ‘early 2021’, will this be impacted by improvements?

A: We’re still planning on releasing free DLC for the game, just like with The Witcher 3. However, we have decided that our priority is working on the most important fixes and updates. We will be releasing free DLC afterwards — we’ll have more to say about that in the coming months.

Q: When can we expect the next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077?

A: For those who are playing the game on next-gen consoles via backwards compatibility, we are planning the free, next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series consoles, and PlayStation 5, this year. We’re aiming for the second half of the year and we’ll reveal more when we have more to share.

Q: Are you making the team crunch to work on the patches?

A: The team is working to bring relevant fixes to the game without any obligatory overtime. Avoiding crunch on all of our future projects is one of our top priorities.

Q: When is the game coming back to PlayStation Store?

A: We are working on fixes and updates, and are working with Sony to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to PlayStation Store as soon as possible.

Q: What is the status of the Help Me Refund initiative?

A: The initiative is progressing according to plan and we just sent out the first wave of reimbursements.

Edited by tristy

They keep talking about the city being so 'packed' but it's not, at least not on my XB1 copy. There's no more cars, npcs and other assets around at any one time than any other open world XB1 game. Most parts of Night City are a ghost town compared to somewhere like St. Denis in RDR2 or Los Santos in GTA5.

It's an alright game for what it is, still disappointing but if you can get past the bugs the PC version is a perfectly cromulent experience with a solid core gameplay loop and compelling story.

The console port is in an absolutely sorry state though and everyone who got it for consoles are 100% justified in being upset about it.

I've put a lot of hours into it now, I play slowly though.

Loving the stories and the world. The characters are really strong and some of the missions are just brilliant. Yes there are definitely shortcomings, glitches and suchlike, but I've still only crashed once on my PS4 slim (the first day of the 1.06 patch). 

There is a chunk of things missing that were discussed and expected and it's definitely a victim of its own hype as much as actual technical issues. For all its faults, as a world I love it more than RDR2 or any GTA...although I am a massive fan of the genre so that probably papers over a lot of the problems.

I've turned my V into a big hacker guy. When having to sneak into a Arasaka warehouse base I think I killed 30 guys and a mech, but only shot one of those. The mech went down with two Weapons Glitch hacks and all the others I took out through my eyes, or remotely through surveillance cameras, with superpowered overheat and synapse burnout hacks. Then just wandered through to complete the mission. There's definitely a variety of ways to get things done, although stealth is HAAAAARD (though have got one new hack that resets an enemy's memory so they go back to not knowing you're there, which is fun).

So yeah, lots of people not enjoying the game whatsoever. I'm loving it and, when finished, will probably come back in the summer after a couple more patches and DLC.

I honestly don't think I can say or think much about the game - even outside of all the bugs. A few major things stuck with me and I don't think any amount of patching or bug fixing is going to solve the issue.

• For a world and genre that is so focused on how things look - the game really doesn't give a fuck. For everything that was said about the character creator, it was limited as hell and ultimately it really doesn't matter what you make your V look like. So weird as well that there is no way to do something as simple as change your haircut - even if it is a first person game, you do get to see what your character looks like and that should be a much bigger part of what is there. Outside of that is gear. I could find an outfit that gels with my character, but really - what does it matter? In 1-2 missions or just while wandering around my kick-ass boots are going to be dwarfed in stats by... a pain of platform heels? Well alright I guess. Unless I want to gimp myself, there's no reason to stick with anything.
  • And that rolls into the weapons as well. I had some genuine good moments - but then it was a pain in the ass finding the kinds of guns I was using, my game play loops was handing me other stuff and eventually I had to start using it which was less than optimal for once again - making me feel like I was in control. These two things in particular might have been a pain in the ass because I was also playing Valhalla at the time - which has done an amazing job of saying "okay you like this weapon (which defines your combat style) and this gear (which defers bonuses, but also your aesthetic) - well just level it up. It remains relevant far longer and becomes a part of the character.
  • Besides "why the fuck are we just helping the cops for no discernable reason" every single one of those missions for the most part is the same. You show up - someone is dead or being held hostage - you kill a bunch of mooks and then it's over. It's so samey and it showcases another issue. The world is beautiful but it's so empty in a way. I don't feel the want or need to explore because after a few outings, I really never found anything at all and knew that it wasn't worth doing.

That being said, I was really down on the game for a bit until I decided to continue on and play the hotel mission. After that I was telling people that I got it... but then it was kind of back into the same loop, and personal preferences out and on the table - I hated the Johnny stuff.

I honestly think they felt like they needed to make the game as open world as it was to be a prestige thing - and the game would've been better served if it was a more expanded version of Deus Ex in terms of what the world was like. Everything in those games was packed so tight with content, world building and reasons to explore. You didn't need a shitty auto-nav that barely functions in order to get you anywhere if you didn't want to... and if they could've expanded on that and made big, gorgeous and densely packed sections as full of the same personality as certain parts of the city have now? They could've had one hell of a winner on their hands. Instead I just feel like I exist in a big, open world and I'm bored because I don't really see anything to do.

• Like 3

Honestly, I was able to get over 3000 armor by endgame, and with an outfit that was very close to how I'd have the character dress if it were a tabletop game. It's harder in the early game, to be sure, but with luck and knowing where you can go to find certain clothes you can make your character look stylish and still have good stats.

I've been wearing the same clothes and using the same gun for about 75% of the game. It might be because I got the legendary sub-dermal armour (200 armour) early and I've been using the Widow Maker Precision Rifle. It's only blue and with 275 DPS but everything dies within three hits anyway outside of bosses.

Yeah, once you get the legendary sub-dermal, you can pretty much just wear what you want. Especially when you've got moddable clothes and the Armadillo mod.

Hell, I didn't even bother slotting any hats.

I often wear sub-optimal outfits because I like how they look. My crafting is pretty good so I just upgrade those instead. I have the bright yellow graffiti-patched netrunner jacket and some high yellow motorbike boot things along with the Samurai t-shirt, black cap and some cool dark mesh trousers with a buckle here and there. Even though I only ever see myself in the menu or in photo mode you still gotta look good - it's the Cyberpunk ethos!

I got the sniper rifle from Panam which I've upgraded to about 700 damage per shot (up a lot higher wit a headshot or a critical) and have upgraded Dex's pistol in my other main shot (with a melee in the third slot). As I tend to kill everyone from a distance or with hacking, I no longer need weapons with a fast rate of fire or the stopping damage of a shotgun.

My mate collected pretty much every weapon Rare and above and his stash is rammed with them, but I tend to keep about eight firearms and a small variety of melee weapons on me and sell the rest as I go.

Every game with equipment should follow DC Universe Online. In that when you get gear you get the equipment and the style as separate things. You can equip whatever stat armor you want then tab over and set the style to what you had so your look doesn't change.

So like if I have a Batman themed character with a Bat on the chest and I pick up a chest peice with the Superman logo on it that dwarfs the stats of my Batman piece I can just throw on the Superman chest piece for the stats and set the style to my old Batman one so my look remains.

• Like 1

On 19/01/2021 at 14:26, =BK= said:

Every game with equipment should follow DC Universe Online. In that when you get gear you get the equipment and the style as separate things. You can equip whatever stat armor you want then tab over and set the style to what you had so your look doesn't change.

So like if I have a Batman themed character with a Bat on the chest and I pick up a chest peice with the Superman logo on it that dwarfs the stats of my Batman piece I can just throw on the Superman chest piece for the stats and set the style to my old Batman one so my look remains.

I remember that being added to Assassin's Creed: Odyssey when I played it, and it definitely deepened my enjoyment with the game because I wasn't forced to stick to terribly matched armor/weapon sets just to get the right stats for me.

Any piece of equipment you collected was remembered and in turn you could change the visuals of any armor pieces to whatever you already had collected.

So I picked up C77 last night via CDKeys.com (already dropped down to 28eu) and gave it a look.
Didn't get into the story for two minutes before I got some really bad graphical glitches (trees being visible through everything else, floating items, etc.)

Had hoped I would've been a lucky one with the glitches, since I got a 1080 and a 2600x, but it seems not. Will probably wait a bit longer to pick it back up, maybe once the 3080/6800XT finally becomes available again.