Formula One 2021

Lineker

I was writing a whole rant about this, but I decided to delete that because why bother at this point.

F1 don't care, they'll get a fat fuck-you sack of money, and #WeRaceAsOne will continue to be pushed in our faces as they'll continue having parades in nations where Human Rights are barely a concept let alone a thing.

PS: Losail is a shit circuit in MotoGP with little to no overtaking, so be ready for a parade in F1.

• Like 2

Red Bull will be running a white livery this weekend in tribute to Honda (as this was meant to be the Japanese GP weekend). Not sure Honda deserve a tribute after dropping out with barely any notice (again), but here we are.

Here it is:

Post image

Also Lewis is set to take his 4th engine and start from the back of the grid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

It's being heavily rumoured that Michael Andretti has bought a controlling stake in Sauber (i.e. Alfa Romeo) and that Colton Herta will be partnering Bottas for them in 2022.

It's an extremely interesting rumour, and probably throws a spanner in what most people expected to be Guanyu Zhou being the most likely choice for his fat stacks of sponsor money.

It's not a certainty that Herta would qualify for the superlicense, since his Indylights season was on a small grid, which awards less points.

Although I suspect the FIA would probably grant him an exception due to covid and his results in IndyCar proper.

And with F1 wanting to expand into the US market, having a young American second generation star headlining an American led team would go a long way to helping toward those goals.

3 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Ugh, I didn't realise they were starting in Saudi Arabia now as well. I assume that's another money-related decision.

That graphic shows that the season starts in Bahrain still, which is about the same to be fair.