General Television Thread 2021

GhostMachine

On 20/08/2021 at 09:24, damshow said:

Mike Richards has officially made it 0 episodes as host of Jeopardy before getting canned. Or, I guess the proper term, just going back to his old job as a producer for Jeopardy.

About that...

• Like 2

On 27/08/2021 at 10:33, tristy said:

so Justified is pretty fucking awesome and I'm only on S2E2.

I like Rayland, but there's something about the Boyd character that I dig a whole lot more. The pilot episode had him as just as your average skinhead hillbilly psycho, but after that... it's different and I'm here for it.

Oh, and fuck Gary.

Greatest final scene of televsion ever. Maybe. Possibly. Wonderful show either way. 

• Like 1

Can anyone recommend me something to watch on: 

• Netflix
  • Amazon Prime
  • Disney+

It’s been a while since I started something new and I would like to watch something that wouldn’t be a waste of time, per se. I might get HBO Max as well, but right now I’m mostly just watching reruns on each of those platforms.

5 hours ago, Benjamin said:

• Netflix
  • Amazon Prime
  • Disney+

It’s been a while since I started something new and I would like to watch something that wouldn’t be a waste of time, per se. I might get HBO Max as well, but right now I’m mostly just watching reruns on each of those platforms.

Netflix: Clickbait, Nailed It!, Family Reunion, Sweet Home, Hit and Run.

Amazon Prime: Carnival Row (should be a season two coming), Leverage: Redemption (sequel to the old TNT show Leverage, minus Timothy Hutton, plus Noah Wylie. Its actually an imdb.tv show, but its also on Amazon. That's how I watched it)

Disney+: Turner and Hooch. New episodes on Wednesdays, I believe.

If you want light background noise, Tattoo Redo on Netflix is easy to throw on for a bit. Episodes are only like 23 or 24 mins long. 

6 hours ago, Benjamin said:

• Netflix
  • Amazon Prime
  • Disney+

On Netflix: Maniac, American Vandal, Derry Girls, A Very Secret Service (it's a French comedy).

2 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Thanks! Chef’s Table has been on my list for a while but I am always scared of how hungry culinary shows make me.

Catastrophe isn’t available on my Prime, unfortunately:/ 

Don't know where you're based but All 4 has Catastrophe in the UK.

Only Murders In The Building is cute. I dig it. It's funny. Martin Short, Selena Gomez, and Steve Martin, with the idea being that their 3 characters are true crime podcast obsessives who meet in their apartment building one night and bond, and then try to solve a murder in their own building while starting their own true crime podcast. 

They're all hilarious in it. I think it's weekly, but the first 3 episodes are up on Hulu. 

Also, it's got Tina Fey!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CLDY said:

Only Murders In The Building is cute. I dig it. It's funny. Martin Short, Selena Gomez, and Steve Martin, with the idea being that their 3 characters are true crime podcast obsessives who meet in their apartment building one night and bond, and then try to solve a murder in their own building while starting their own true crime podcast. 

They're all hilarious in it. I think it's weekly, but the first 3 episodes are up on Hulu. 

Also, it's got Tina Fey!

Ok. I think I am sold. 

On 02/09/2021 at 01:51, CLDY said:

Also, it's got Tina Fey!

Few minutes into the first episode and I love it so far

• Like 1

New Reservation Dogs: seems like it's becoming clearer what happened to Daniel. Heartbreaking episode. Surprised there's only 2 more episodes left, but I think they'll both be incredible.

We've started The Leftovers and really enjoying the first four episodes. I'd heard good things over the years, to the point where I'm really not sure why I never gave it the time of day before, especially because the cast is phenomenal and filled with actors I like a lot. 

Also thought Feel Good Season 2 was great. Got a lot of time for Mae Martin and Charlotte Richie and I think this season felt like it had found its feet and was really confident in trying to tackle messy, complex, traumatic subject matters while still being candid and funny. 

• Like 1