General Television Thread 2021

GhostMachine

Not sure which thread to put this in, so I"ll post it here and the Movie thread

Elvira actor Cassandra Peterson comes out In her new memoir.  Cassandra Peterson, better known as Elvira, the Mistress Of The Dark herself, opens up about her 19-year-long relationship with a woman

Peterson and T became close friends, but after Peterson’s 25-year marriage to Mark Pierson ended, the connection deepened. One rainy night, T came to Peterson’s house in desperate need of help. “There on the doorstep stood my trainer, T, holding a trash bag full of her belongings, looking sad and bedraggled. She’d split from her longtime partner, spent some time in rehab, and now had no place to go.” The two moved in together, which is when the Mistress Of The Dark made a surprising move. “I think I was even more surprised,” she writes. “What the hell was I doing? I’d never been interested in women as anything other than friends. I felt so confused. This just wasn’t me! I was stunned that I’d been friends with her for so many years and never noticed our chemistry. I soon discovered that we connected sexually in a way I’d never experienced.”

• Like 2

Catching up, and I did not expect Bill Burr to show up in Reservation Dogs. EDIT: Fuck, that episode was hard. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, iDOL Nakazawa said:

Anyone watching Heels? I’m on episode 3 and it feels a little disjointed at times, but I’m enjoying it.

It's been good, but not great, so far. I'm chalking it up to being the first season, but there are definitely some great ideas there, and the performances have been very good.

21 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

It's been good, but not great, so far. I'm chalking it up to being the first season, but there are definitely some great ideas there, and the performances have been very good.

I think my favorite thing is Andy from True Blood playing the washed up veteran. It shouldn't work, but totally does.

I think the way she looks and the way her voice sounds are at odds with each other. But that also works pretty well for Mabel as a character from the two episodes I've seen.

1 minute ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I think the way she looks and the way her voice sounds are at odds with each other. But that also works pretty well for Mabel as a character from the two episodes I've seen.

Yeah, she sounds much older than she is too. It’s kind of weird.

It is a good watch - nothing really groundbreaking but it’s good fun.

16 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

16 hours ago, FLiam said:

Yeah, she sounds much older than she is too. It’s kind of weird.

It is a good watch - nothing really groundbreaking but it’s good fun.

Gotta say I've really been enjoying this. The three leads have all been great, particularly Martin Short. 

• Like 1

I had forgotten that Grant Imahara passed away until this came up in my sub box on YT. His shop has been left untouched since he passed. 

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, iDOL Nakazawa said:

I was bored and stumbled upon Superman & Lois yesterday which I went in to with very low expectations. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. May try and finish the rest of the first season today.

It was surprisingly good for a CW show.  Every time it seems like the show is going to pit Jordan and Jonathon against each other, Jonathon is just like "Nah man, you're my twin brother, we're cool!"

For real, everyone should watch Squid Game. I just finished episode 6...

Spoiler

And it is utterly heartbreaking. I did not expect to get that attached to characters on a death game. What a show.

Fuck Song-Woo.

Did not expect that from a show that's a mix of MXC and Battle Royale.