General Television Thread 2021

GhostMachine

21 hours ago, K said:

im enjoying good girls season 4 but i dont think i have any idea whats going on. its wheels within wheels

edit: these two different white cops look identical which isn't helping me

i have no idea what the fuck is going on in this show anymore

On 24/09/2021 at 07:51, Ruki Returns said:

For real, everyone should watch Squid Game. I just finished episode 6...

Reveal hidden contents

Did not expect that from a show that's a mix of MXC and Battle Royale. 

Just watched 6 (and 7) today. Utterly crushing.

• Like 2

I'm confused about the season 4 finale of Search Party.

Spoiler

Did Dory dream her own funeral because she was unconscious? Or did that actually happen and she faked her death? Surely that was just a dream.

Wasn't a big fan of that episode, I think it's the only one out of all of the seasons that I actively didn't like. But, man - what a show. Fuck.

14 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Midnight Mass on Netflix has had positive reviews. I've seen the first two episodes and it's a bit of a slow start, but it's kicking into gear now.

I really hope Bev dies soon...I'll be SO happy when that happens!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, tristy said:

I'm confused about the season 4 finale of Search Party.

Reveal hidden contents

Wasn't a big fan of that episode, I think it's the only one out of all of the seasons that I actively didn't like. But, man - what a show. Fuck.

Fairly confident the deal with that episode is

Spoiler

That yes, it's all a dream. Dory basically reconciles herself to the fact that she's going to die in that fire and after passing out basically dreams up an entire scenario where her death effectively turns out to be the best thing for all parties involved (including the other members of the gang getting closure on non-Dory related things like Portia and her mother reconciling), and that by accepting her own death she's really doing everyone a favor.

And then she wakes up in the ambulance. There is no happy ending that ties everything up in a bow for anyone, and she's going to have to live with the consequences of her actions. Whoops.

• Thanks 1

Only Murders In The Building S1E6:

Spoiler

"That's right... our prime sponsor is now our prime suspect."
"Ooh, that would make a great last line for an episode!" 
*beat*
*episode ends*

:lol:

Reservation Dogs season finale:

Spoiler

I love that Cheese is still hanging out and playing chess with that old woman who thought he was her grandson. :lol:

"I've been seeing this... spirit for a while now."
"You mean like dating a spirit?!"

Also, Uncle Brownie rules. This show rules. Bummed it only has 8 episodes, but looking forward to the next season.

Kind of curious how season 2 is going to shake out, given the developments.

Ok Midnight Mass I didn't see that coming

9 hours ago, Lint said:

Ok Midnight Mass I didn't see that coming

We binged through the first five episodes yesterday. No spoilers here, because I don't want to ruin anything... but if you liked Flannigan's previous work on Hill House/Bly Manor/Occulus and you enjoy that slow burn horror... man, you should check it out.

The acting has been phenomenal, and the story seems to draw me into thinking I know what's going on, only to throw me the slightest of curveballs that just turns it all on its head.

• Like 1

One last thought about the Reservation Dogs season finale:

Spoiler

I loved the whole gag of everyone doubting Uncle Brownie could make the tornado go in another direction, or pop Mose and Mekko's bike tires, only for it to seemingly be true. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I finished watching Midnight Mass. I quite enjoyed it. It certainly had me thinking about things after it ended, which is usually a good sign.

So about Midnight Mass

Spoiler

Like me, were you wondering when they'd put 1 and 1 together and get "vampire"?  I mean a lot of the typical vampire tropes were there.  Drink victims blood/make victim drink the vampires blood, can't go outside in the daylight, the OG vampire being brought here in a box with the dirt of its homeland. 

The doctor lady (which, also odd, it was brought up that she was a lesbian once, made it seem like it'd be something going forward, and nothing happened with it), was close when she mentioned it was something like that disease where people couldn't go in the sunlight.  I was fully expecting someone to say "Like a vampire?"  but that never happens...

Does the series take place in a world where is no vampire mythology?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lint said:

So about Midnight Mass

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Not that it's a dealbreaker, but it annoys me a little when stories include monsters that are obviously zombies, vampires or werewolves and call them something else. It's as if the writers think they'll look cleverer by avoiding the established terminology.

As far as I'm concerned, Midnight Mass is a story about fanaticism and the evil things it drives people to do. It's still a vampire story, though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DFF said:

So, Midnight Mass was smegging great.

Zach Gilford stole the show. I've never seen an actor just pull me in the way that he was able to. I have a lot of questions about the show, and it felt like a lot more could have been explored... but taken as a complete work, I was very happy with it. It kept me engaged the entire time, and never really seemed to drag anywhere.