General Television Thread 2021

GhostMachine

The Legends Of The Hidden Temple reboot on the CW got 282,000 viewers for its first episode, for a .1 rating.

Yea, this isn't going to last

• Sad 1

Only Murders In The Building S1E9

Spoiler

It fuckin' is Jan! 

Also, Jane Lynch playing Charles' stunt double is fucking wonderful casting. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orange CLDY said:

Only Murders In The Building S1E9

Hide contents

It fuckin' is Jan! 

Also, Jane Lynch playing Charles' stunt double is fucking wonderful casting. :lol:

Spoiler

I can't help but think that it is one last misdirection before we find the real murderer. Also I thought that maybe Jan is usually first chair bassoonist but lost it to this prodigy so she technically has only kinda half lied to/misled Charles.

And agreed on Jane Lynch, I lost my shit when she walked in.

29 minutes ago, RazorsEdge said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Have you seen.. (Only Murders finale speculation)

Spoiler

The theory that Charles will die in the season finale? People have been speculating based on the fact that in the flash forwards with Cinda Canning's new podcast, it's called Only Murderers In The Building, but that could easily mean whoever poisoned Tim Kono + the Dimases. The other part of the theory is from the line Charles said in the most recent episode, something about how Mabel and Oliver won't stop until another person is killed. Some people are taking that to be Charles foreshadowing his own murder. 

1 hour ago, Orange CLDY said:

Have you seen.. (Only Murders finale speculation)

Hide contents

The theory that Charles will die in the season finale? People have been speculating based on the fact that in the flash forwards with Cinda Canning's new podcast, it's called Only Murderers In The Building, but that could easily mean whoever poisoned Tim Kono + the Dimases. The other part of the theory is from the line Charles said in the most recent episode, something about how Mabel and Oliver won't stop until another person is killed. Some people are taking that to be Charles foreshadowing his own murder. 

Spoiler

Yeah I read that theory but they're coming back for another season so I don't see Charles not coming back but it could be a massive twist if it does happen. I think Sazz will be killed by accident in place of Charles. It seems weird to introduce a doppelganger this late in the show if they aren't going to use them that way.

After reading a few other theories I think I'm back on Jan being involved. I think she's the poisoner but not necessarily the gunman.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RazorsEdge said:
  Hide contents

Yeah I read that theory but they're coming back for another season so I don't see Charles not coming back but it could be a massive twist if it does happen. I think Sazz will be killed by accident in place of Charles. It seems weird to introduce a doppelganger this late in the show if they aren't going to use them that way.

After reading a few other theories I think I'm back on Jan being involved. I think she's the poisoner but not necessarily the gunman.

Spoiler

Same, I think that Jan poisoned Tim Kono but someone else (Howard, I'm guessing, or maybe Ndidi?) that hated him came by and shot him afterward. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lint said:

The Legends Of The Hidden Temple reboot on the CW got 282,000 viewers for its first episode, for a .1 rating.

Yea, this isn't going to last

Its adults, who probably watched the original show as kids, competing. That's a turnoff for a lot of people. 

Heidi watched the first episode while I was asleep, and after what she told me we both agreed to stop DVRing it. 

Loved Squid Game.

Spoiler

Yes there were some rather obvious twists, but still very enjoyable.

The cop is definitely not dead, but I wonder if he'll still be a cop for season 2. It'd be over in minutes if he gets the entire force there in time for game 1, so that'll need addressing.

The deaths to Ali and the girl who Sang Woo "put out of her misery" got me the most. I was hoping she'd go all the way.

• Like 1

On 14/10/2021 at 22:39, Baddar said:

Loved Squid Game.

Hide contents

Yes there were some rather obvious twists, but still very enjoyable.

The cop is definitely not dead, but I wonder if he'll still be a cop for season 2. It'd be over in minutes if he gets the entire force there in time for game 1, so that'll need addressing.

The deaths to Ali and the girl who Sang Woo "put out of her misery" got me the most. I was hoping she'd go all the way.

Spoiler

I suspect we're at the tip of the iceberg with the VIPs. No way a game that has been going on for years and sees presumably hundreds of people disappear without a trace each time hasn't had some police involvement. I don't think the perspective of policing and police corruption is the same in South Korea as it is elsewhere, but I do think there are additional powers that have put pressure on not investigating this in the past.

I think it's a given whatever happens he's going to have an uphill battle (not to mention emotional baggage from finding out his brother is the Front Man) to stop the game.

• Like 2

Allie Katch kinda spoiled the ending of You S3 for me :( But it was a good season. Kept me guessing on who the new obsession would be for several episodes, just when you thought it'd be someone, it turns out it wasn't.

I don't like Squid Game.

Spoiler

I enjoy the game itself but the stuff involving the workers and the organ harvesting not interesting. I read the spoilers and I think it's going to be too much for my suspension of disbelief.

3 hours ago, Kaney said:

So Y The Last Man isn't getting a series 2? Shitty news, it was turning out really good.

The show creator's trying to rally the internet and hopefully get another network or streaming service to pick it up. We'll see, I guess.