GhostMachine

e0qakvpifbr71.png

So The Walking Dead has Windows 10.

The zombie outbreak happened in 2010.

Windows 10 came out in 2015

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Orange CLDY said:

boy-i-really-hope-somebody-got-fired-for

Seriously though, that show is so full of impossible inaccuracies. I saw this one episode and it had ZOMBIES in it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Heels has turned the corner after those first two episodes and it's actually a really compelling show, if not a little basic, paint by numbers. But it's good - CM Punk as Ricky Rabies was great, Mick Foley's little cameo was cool, and Chris Bauer's Wild Bill is a standout character.

• Like 1

I have been really enjoying Heels, but I do believe part of that is just the novelty of it being something I've wanted to see for some time.

Something that Gully said in the last episode stuck out though, when he pointed out that the DWL is like watching a teen-drama series more than a wrestling show. I am hoping that they can kind of pull away from that aspect a little bit on Heels. I get some Sons of Anarchy vibes from the show, and the good ones are really cool... but there are lots of things that SOA did that I really hope that Heels can avoid.

Also... Chris Bauer making me want to see him kick some ass is something that I don't think I would have seen coming before his turn as Wild Bill.

6 episodes through Squid Game

Spoiler

Notable because as everyone has made clear, the 6th episode is absolutely devastating. 😭

Overall it's been as good as advertised. The main characters are all wonderful, the writing is excellent cycling through the serious with minor light-hearted and silly bits just at the right times to give you a break, and it's so neatly told. Any new twist feels like a natural progression and not those god-awful "shock twists" that totally undermine the previous writing and established narrative. Hoping the last 3 episodes bring it home strong.

• Like 1

Only Murders S1E7

Spoiler

So it looks like Teddy Dimas is the big bad after all, stealing jewelry off of the dead to resell. And it turns out it was his son, Theo, who accidentally shoved Zoe off the roof and killed her.

Love the whole concept of a (mostly) wordless episode. 

Only Murders S1E8

Spoiler

Something about Jan feels off to me. Weird. Unsettling. I think it's the way she's just inserted herself into things, and then she winds up unconscious and bleeding on the floor. Legitimate, or a set-up?

Also, oh my god, the re-enactment of Tim Kono's death with the superfans playing the parts of Tim Kono, Lester the doorman, and Marv as Theo. :lol:

"but.. I'm the killer."
"WE'RE JUST MARKING, MARV. CUCKOO, CUCKOO."

General thought so far: I feel like the stuff with Jan and suggesting another suspect is a red herring, and it really is the Dimases. The evidence that clears them feels just way too.. tidy, I guess.

On 06/10/2021 at 17:39, Orange CLDY said:

Only Murders S1E7

Hide contents

So it looks like Teddy Dimas is the big bad after all, stealing jewelry off of the dead to resell. And it turns out it was his son, Theo, who accidentally shoved Zoe off the roof and killed her.

Love the whole concept of a (mostly) wordless episode. 

Only Murders S1E8

Hide contents

Something about Jan feels off to me. Weird. Unsettling. I think it's the way she's just inserted herself into things, and then she winds up unconscious and bleeding on the floor. Legitimate, or a set-up?

Also, oh my god, the re-enactment of Tim Kono's death with the superfans playing the parts of Tim Kono, Lester the doorman, and Marv as Theo. :lol:

"but.. I'm the killer."
"WE'RE JUST MARKING, MARV. CUCKOO, CUCKOO."

General thought so far: I feel like the stuff with Jan and suggesting another suspect is a red herring, and it really is the Dimases. The evidence that clears them feels just way too.. tidy, I guess.

Spoiler

I still think it is the Dimases too. I'm not sure anyone else makes sense. Early on I wondered if it could be Oscar's dad, the super, but he hasn't played a role outside of telling Mabel to piss off so I don't think it is him.

I agree with you 100% about Jan, there's something weird about her that I can't quite put my finger on.

Y: The Last Man thoughts

Spoiler

I like that it's been updated considerably since the comic came out, and that trans people are included and discussed. They also aren't shy about saying trans women are women, nonbinary people are nonbinary, etc. but I do have to say, I'm not wild about Yorick pretending to be trans to escape the line of questioning about why he didn't die like everyone else with a Y chromosome did. 

When the "event" happened, I was bracing myself for some level of gore and blood, but jesus. I wasn't expecting that much. 

19 hours ago, Orange CLDY said:
Spoiler

I'm not wild about Yorick pretending to be trans to escape the line of questioning about why he didn't die like everyone else with a Y chromosome did. 

Spoiler

Flip this on its head. If you are trans in this world and know if you reveal yourself to someone then you'll be killed or worse, wouldn't you lie? It's a depressingly very real scenario, and I thought it was absolutely genius commentary and might make some people realise what it's like when the shoe is on the other foot.

• Like 3

apparently The Great Hip Hop Hoax is back on BBC iPlayer. really recommend it if you haven't seen it.

A welcome return for this 2013 documentary about a Scottish hip-hop duo called Silibil N' Brains, who pretended to be Americans to secure a £250,000 deal.

very good stuff.

Finished Squid Game

Spoiler

Hwang In-Ho being the Front Man was a mild surprise but I was more than prepared for him to be working with the people behind the game in some capacity. I assume after winning he changed into the cold-blooded person he is now. Jun-ho had one of those "deaths" that might not have been.

I was completely caught off guard by 001 being the Host. When it was clear he didn't lie about the tumor or his impending death, it made sense very quickly. Definitely something that peels back a little into the elites who put the games on and why they do it. But plenty of mystery still around that, and who will be the new Host with the original now deceased?

I saw news headlines about a season 2 and I was really confused how they'd conclude in order to have an opening for season 2. Now with Gi-hun seeking vengeance and risking his life to go back in to uncover who is responsible it's pretty clear the path it'll start off going. I don't know if it'll have the same magic because while the storyline points that are unresolved are interesting the best part of the show was all the other contestants we got to see and vainly root for. And while I guess the next season will involve new games and tragic deaths they'll take a backseat to Gi-hun, and possibly the police, doing whatever they can to unravel to mystery behind the games and the island.

On 10/10/2021 at 07:40, damshow said:

Finished Squid Game

Reveal hidden contents

Hwang In-Ho being the Front Man was a mild surprise but I was more than prepared for him to be working with the people behind the game in some capacity. I assume after winning he changed into the cold-blooded person he is now. Jun-ho had one of those "deaths" that might not have been.

I was completely caught off guard by 001 being the Host. When it was clear he didn't lie about the tumor or his impending death, it made sense very quickly. Definitely something that peels back a little into the elites who put the games on and why they do it. But plenty of mystery still around that, and who will be the new Host with the original now deceased?

I saw news headlines about a season 2 and I was really confused how they'd conclude in order to have an opening for season 2. Now with Gi-hun seeking vengeance and risking his life to go back in to uncover who is responsible it's pretty clear the path it'll start off going. I don't know if it'll have the same magic because while the storyline points that are unresolved are interesting the best part of the show was all the other contestants we got to see and vainly root for. And while I guess the next season will involve new games and tragic deaths they'll take a backseat to Gi-hun, and possibly the police, doing whatever they can to unravel to mystery behind the games and the island.

Spoiler

I figured out the Host by the episode he was `killed off' in the marbles game. It just didn't make sense for him to be there, if you think about it; old, frail, and having memory issues due to the tumor. But the Front Man threw me off. The funny thing is, I figured out the Host, and Heidi figured out the Front Man.

My only gripe is after all the crap he did, Deok-Su deserved a more painful, horrible death. But I like how Mi-nyeo made it a murder-suicide by pulling him down with her.

Looking forward to season 2, but do not like the red hair.