General Television Thread 2021

GhostMachine

19 hours ago, CLDY said:

How did I ever watch Bones. Jesus Christ, this show is large garbage. HA HA, BONES CONFUSED GROUPIES AND GROUPERS!! LMAO!! SHE'S SO QUIRKY, THAT SCIENCE MIND HAVER!

I remember liking it a lot, but I watched it then and never watched any reruns. Will I hate it if I watch it again? :( 

Burn Notice is a fun little show, not something I feel like I need to be too deeply involved in, but the shows is fun background noise. 

God that's fucking terrible to be all "Yeah this show rules as something I can watch kind of while I surf my phone". 

But I do like it. Bruce Campbell of course fucking rules here. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, livid said:

Big "Boar on the Floor" family are you?

Only finished season 1. Season 2 will be started this week.  

28 minutes ago, Subject Delta said:

My other half is making me watch Virgin River and it is garbage. Like, it's not even trying to be something original, and the acting is probably the worst thing I've ever seen in a Netflix show.

Same here, though at least she binged it in one go so it's out the way. I'll admit I've seen worse made things but I just....don't see the point in it at all. Total waste of energy.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kaney said:

Same here, though at least she binged it in one go so it's out the way. I'll admit I've seen worse made things but I just....don't see the point in it at all. Total waste of energy.

Yeah it's just sort of a very generic small town romance novel in the form of a Netflix series. I see the audience, but it definitely isn't me, especially with acting that bad.

14 hours ago, CLDY said:

Please be good.

I think there's no point to trying to redeem the last couple seasons of the show. Instead I think the best way to do this is accept the circumstances of the ending with Lumberjack Dexter and just tell a competent standalone story without trying to engage with it on a deep level. I think the only two other actors from the original series who are confirmed to be in this are

Spoiler

Jennifer Carpenter and John Lithgow, and since both of their characters are dead that probably just means either flashbacks or a Dark Passenger deal. That's honestly how it should stay, I hope to never catch even the slightest glimpse of a single character who was alive at the end of the show.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2021 at 01:35, livid said:

Big "Boar on the Floor" family are you?

Wow. I get the reference now. That was fucked.

• Like 3