General Television Thread 2021

GhostMachine

SHADOW AND BONE, on Netflix. I highly recommend it. 

LUCIFER, season 5 was great. The last episode would have made a good series finale, but fortunately there's going to be one more season. 

CRIME SCENE KITCHEN. A new cooking competition on FOX, hosted by my favorite professional smartass Joel McHale. Two episodes have aired, and the team eliminated in the second was dumber than a bag of hammers.

Also, I really wish NBC would hurry up and make a decision one way or the other on ZOEY'S EXTRAORDINARY PLAYIST. Its the only show I watch thats fate hasn't been decided yet.

*edited to add* And I'm quite pissed that ABC cancelled REBEL after only 5 episodes aired.

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Like 1

We watched the first two episodes of Crime Scene Kitchen. It is soooo cheesy, convoluted, and ridiculous, but it KNOWS it and is therefore wonderful. Joel McHale was the perfect choice to host.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Josh Mulaney said:

We watched the first two episodes of Crime Scene Kitchen. It is soooo cheesy, convoluted, and ridiculous, but it KNOWS it and is therefore wonderful. Joel McHale was the perfect choice to host.

Do you agree that the second team eliminated was dumber than a bag of hammers, though? Love how the guy dismissed the clues and ingredients for the first round......

2 hours ago, FLiam said:

The finale of Kim's Convenience was really rushed. Whilst I didn't hate it - the cast deserved more.

Yes, I felt this way too. The ending scene just made me feel like there's so much more I want to see these characters do. Jung and Janet were horribly robbed of screen time in the final season to set up the spin-off, and it sucks. 

6 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Yes, I felt this way too. The ending scene just made me feel like there's so much more I want to see these characters do. Jung and Janet were horribly robbed of screen time in the final season to set up the spin-off, and it sucks. 

Spoiler

The way they shoe-horned in Shannon’s quick 4 second phone call about that job was abysmal as well as the “Oh, we’d better explain why Jung won’t be in the spin-off, just have them break up real quick”.

The cast were just shat on really.

• Like 1

Started watching NewsRadio again. It is still genuinely hilarious.

It will also remain the best thing Joe Rogan and Andy Dick will ever do.

At least Matthew was a funny character though. Joe is just... there.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

watched the first two episodes of Kevin Can Fuck Himself.  Not sure how I feel about it