The New New Kit Thread

Baddar

Not quite kits, but I think it's safe to say that Castore have reached the "just watching films for the last week of school" stage of our contract with them.

The back somehow looks even worse.

• 1 month later...

I remember seeing the leaks for the England ones and liking the raisin away kit. Looks like it's toned down compared to those leaks though, like looking at this one specifically it was more vibrant which is a shame.

Some other good kits on show like the Portugal away and the French kits, if only because there's something about the giant cockrel for a crest. Also the German away, if only because I'm a sucker for loud, brash alternate kits:

37726624_h.jpg

Here's the England one in proper colour, if, like me, you couldn't figure out what colour it was due to their bizarre decision to use partial sepia tone in the tweet.

England Away Kit 2024

I admire their courage to move away from the standard red away kit, as if playing in red had some sort of magical power drawn from 1966.

And that Germany one is magnificent. Adidas have done a fine job with this batch.

The plain current shirt is listed at RRP £75 on the England store, albeit discounted currently and I imagine it's been reduced over time so £85 sounds about right.

And @Chris2K whilst I get what you mean about the colour tone on the tweet, the images on the Nike store and the footage on Youtube of the England teams looking at the new kits suggest it is closer to the Tweet image. The one you've posted is similiar to the one I linked where the colour scheme is much different, especially in the secondary colour for the Nike logo and the crest where it looks more luminous yellow compared to the rose gold of the actual shirt.

Somethings definitely gone wrong with pricing in recent years, when a kids shirt is £65 they're just taking the piss. It's no wonder people just buy knockoffs.

I rarely buy any these days, but I've succumbed to the Newcastle end of season sale and am now on my 4th week of waiting for an order which should take "7-10 working days". Castore are shite.

It is cynical though that they have banned front-of-shirt sponsors, so clubs are falling over themselves to get money from them while they can before the ban comes in.

Football is about money and revenue. Players, fans and all the rest pale into insignificance behind it.

• Like 2