The E3 2021/Summer Game Fest Thread

Bobfoc

Nintendo!

Spoiler

Kazuya in Smash! I don't play it but cool for those that do, I guess, beats another Fire Emblem dude AMIRITE? Love all the shots of him dropping dead bodies off cliffs and how knocking people through the walls on his stage is seemingly a special version of the conventinal 'ring out' on Smash (for want of the proper term). Though, at first I thought they were teasing some news on something Zelda related with the shadowy figure carrying Ganondorf's corpse.

Super Monkey Ball I've only ever played a little bit of multi for but getting a bundle of re-mastered games would be a nice jumping on point to try it. Might keep an eye out for that, possibly it might go to other platforms too and end up on Game Pass?

Mario Party Superstars kinda seems like bullshit. Like, I get the idea of bringing back old favourites from past titles but didn't they just update the Switch one to have online? Why couldn't they treat that as like a central platform and add DLC packs of old boards? Do like a bundle of 5 for like $10 or something rather than keep putting out new games.

I'm on board for a new Metroid. This is going to be really redudant to say but it really reminded me of Shadow Complex. Obviously for the gameplay since Shadow Complex was just a love letter to the Metroidvania thing but lots of the environments here like the caves and the interiors just looked really similar. The whole robot aspect of it seems like it would be a bit of a departure as well, it's usually more alien based right? Funny to see it labelled as Metroid 5, I'm not huge on the series but I don't recall seeing any numbered ones past II on the GB/3DS. If you're saying Super is 3 then what would 4 be, Fusion?

Dragonball Z always feels like a weird game to base around anything other than a fighter. If it's an action RPG, then would you go around beating up scrubs to level up? I only watched bits and pieces so I'm probably way off but it seemed like it was heavily based on going from big fight, people training up and then going to the next big fight. You never really saw Goku beating up some random dude he bumped into in order to level up before fighting Vegata. They said they had training which I suppose would fit better but would be more boring in a game if you weren't fighting actual enemies. Still, I like the idea of just flying around the environment and fighting stuff with energy blasts so I'd be sort of interested in that?

lol, Advance Wars. Do me and Krabby get credit for manifesting that into being? Kinda looks like it has a Steven Universe type look to it I guess with the animation? Feels a little more cutesy than the other games. Surprised it's taken this long really, seems like a natural fit for the Switch.

Man, I wasn't interested in the Mario Game and Watch at all but I feel like I really want to get the Zelda one, even if that's maybe not as pick up and play friendly as the Mario would be for portable action. I assume that thing has save states or the like?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1