E3 2014 thread

To be fair a lot of people like myself didn't play it first time round. I was young, thought it looked weird and never bothered. Now I know it's supposed to be real good.

I guess it'll just look nicer in general, be scaled up to HD and the sound will probably be remastered too.

Some HD remakes are absolute gold, Duck Tales was worth every penny and a lot more.

But I'm so used to shit 'remasters' that look great in screenshots but don't run anything like the previews when you play them. Microsoft Games turned Age of Empires II from something that could be run on a toaster into something that will hog resources like nothing on earth despite looking similar.

Saying it's Grim Fandango just isn't enough to secure a pre-order, especially when Lucasarts is dead. Just look what happened to Tony Hawk's HD when Robomundo made it instead of Neversoft. Same game, same assets, but something is missing and it destroys the overall experience. But who knows, it could be great, but I'm going to be very wary of it and wait until trustworthy reviews talk about the game.

I'm confident about Grim Fandango because Tim Schafer is involved, and I don't think he'd be content to let one of his creations be bastardised in the same way Tony Hawk's HD was. I'd be happy if they emulated the approach made with the Monkey Island remasters, in which the player had the option to switch between the classic art style and the new, redone one.

Grim fandango is about a grim reaper on a crazy weird adventure. It was highly acclaimed, but impossible to find anywhere.

It has a major cult following. The game play is much like Machinarium, or monkeys island later on. Inventory, point, click.

It was unique for its setting more than gameplay, obviously.