4 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Microsoft has stated that it won't have any games that the regular Xbox One can't run, but I don't see how that would work with Oculus Rift, which the current console wouldn't be able to handle.

There is a possibility that they could make a peripheral device that would attach to existing Xbox One's to allow VR compatibility.

In regards to the Xbox One Slim and the 4k upscaling, Apsham is right in that it isn't anything to brag about. In fact, I find that upscaling tends to make the picture worse for me. It's like trying to run a Nintendo 64 on a modern HD Television. It looks worse than it would on a shitty CRT TV. I'm also finding it hilarious how many people are putting so much stock into the ability to run in 4k, as if we're running everything at 1080p already. It's amazing how many people think that everything they have is 1080p because that's what their tv is capable of.

On 17/06/2016 at 13:57, Benji said:

B2S was pretty good. Not at the level of Heavy Rain, but a solid game.

Fahrenheit / Indigo Prophecy was balls though. 20 hours of mysterious, slow-paced, tense supernatural thriller trying to stop an Illuminati-type group from sacrificing a young girl in a ritual...

then you die, get resurrected by a group of sentinent computers, have sort of necrophiliac sex with the other main character who you've had limited prior contact with, become telekinetic and gain the ability of flight then you fight a being made out of the internet at the end, all of which takes about four hours of story to unravel.

8 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Speaking of... it's been 'remastered' and is out on PS4 in July!

Urgh. Why?! What's the point? It's really just not a particularly good game. Absolutely nothing special. Even if it promoted itself as a new genre of gaming, it's absolutely average and has nothing going for it beyond that.

3 hours ago, Gazz said:

Fahrenheit / Indigo Prophecy was balls though. 20 hours of mysterious, slow-paced, tense supernatural thriller trying to stop an Illuminati-type group from sacrificing a young girl in a ritual...

then you die, get resurrected by a group of sentinent computers, have sort of necrophiliac sex with the other main character who you've had limited prior contact with, become telekinetic and gain the ability of flight then you fight a being made out of the internet at the end, all of which takes about four hours of story to unravel.

I'm assuming in this case, balls is slang for "fucking batshit amazing". 

• Like 1

Yeah, Fahrenheit was a fantastic game right up till the last third with the internet/zombie/super powers weird shit. Everything up to that had the makings of an absolute classic I thought.

• Like 1

Never played all the way through Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit.  Though I did complete Heavy Rain and it was fantastic.  I would buy the bundle, but I remember how HEavy Rain ends, so its already spoiled for me

I preferred Beyond to Heavy Rain because I felt a better connection with the protagonist(s).

Heavy Rain ending spoiler.

Spoiler

I initially liked playing multiple people, and while the story behind the murderer was very well put together I thought it was a terrible choice for it to be a player character who was the bad guy and the player not know about it. If the character was also unaware, ie. blackouts or split personality or something then fair enough.. but when you find out a guy you played as knew all along it was him, it cheapens all of those bits and really made me feel I had no control over those sections.

Whereas in B2S, I properly felt like it was Jodie's story and subsequently my story. 

Major Heavy Rain spoilers

Spoiler

See, I loved that reveal in Heavy Rain. The fact the game made you do the killers job by cleaning up evidence after him was absolutely brilliant. I failed with one person to find the warehouse, I lost one person in the killer's apartment, and my last person was shot by police after saving Shaun, but it was the killer saving one of the kids' mum from drowning that wound up getting my killer killed. Absolutely adored that.

• Like 1