20 minutes ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

So was there not going to be anything about the new Nintendo system today then?

They announced that Zelda would be the only thing they were bringing about a month or two ago.

I don't like it though. They are releasing the NX in March of 2017... 10 months from now... and we still don't know what the fuck it is. For all of the flack that I've given Microsoft over the years for their handling of the Xbox, nothing compares to the ineptitude of Nintendo when it comes to their console brand. A company that once was the giant in the console marketplace has essentially become an afterthought to most consumers. Nobody walks into my store and says "Which is better, the PS4, the Xbox One or the Wii-U?" People who buy Nintendo buy Nintendo either for their children, or because it's a brand that they have a lifelong attachment to.

They were the only company that really needed a strong showing at this year's E3, and they're the only company that didn't give us a look at the future of their console.

E3 2016: Whoever Wins, Nintendo Loses

I'm more excited for the Nintendo thing they did show than literally anything else, including PROJECT SCORPIOOOOOOOO so nah, I'm okay.

EDIT: WAIT THEY ANNOUNCED A WALUIGI AMIIBO TOO. Flawless victory, Nintendo!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

They were the only company that really needed a strong showing at this year's E3, and they're the only company that didn't give us a look at the future of their console.

I think the Zelda game preview pretty much gave us an indication as to what the future of their console is - no gimmicks, likely just a more powerful console. If there were any real out their gimmicks, it would have to in some way factored into gameplay and nothing at all stood out in the preview that suggested that. I don't think there new console will be touch screen, because they showcased no touch screen elements even though the WiiU has some. There was no indication that there was a split screen element because everything (menus included) showed on one-screen. There doesn't appear to be any motion controls. I doubt there is any VR elements, because the game is apparently twelve sizes as the last Zelda game and that just would not be feasible in a PR game. My assumption after the Zelda showcase - the NX is going to be a straight forward concept that is probably stronger than the XBox1, but probably less so than the Scorpio. 

NX is rumored to be shown for the first time at TGS - but we'll see if anything comes of that. E3 has become less and less important over the years and Nintendo really led the charge with that. They want to get eyes and hype on Zelda and Pokemon, which really I don't think anyone is going to criticize and they'll save the NX for a more low key and publicized event.

We're less than a year away from NX and they don't want to show it off at one of the biggest game expos of the year?  That's an odd choice, especially considering how poorly things went with WiiU.

Yeah, I will say that I very much wanted NX stuff at this E3, especially because it would have almost certainly meant I would have gotten to see it firsthand at PAX whereas if it's being revealed at TGS then I'm shit out of luck. I'm disappointed that there's straight-up nothing, but the gameplay footage for Breath of the Wild turned out to be as good as they needed for it to be. Microsoft, on the whole, probably "won" E3 in the sense that Project Scorpio is the only real mic-drop moment from any show but Nintendo's probably coming away with the most buzzworthy single game.

I never thought I'd hear that Rocksteady were making/have made a new Arkham game and I'd be disappointed. I can't afford a VR console and even if I could I don't think VR gaming is going to be something I enjoy.

Still, maybe them making a new Arkham game after saying they never would might mean they make a sequel to Arkham Knight... please?

Was going to say "I know that's a big deal for a lot of people but I don't think I own a game of theirs," but then I looked it up and they did Sunset Overdrive. That's pretty much exactly who I'd want making a Spidey game, so rock on.

Also, clever gambit making his outfit so ugly that you'll pretty much have to buy a DLC skin.

Just played the Resident Evil VII demo/teaser thing, pretty damn scary. First person is such a good direction for the series, even if it is because of of VR. Got vibes of Outlast but with a bigger budget, I can only imagine how terrifying it'll be in VR.

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

We're less than a year away from NX and they don't want to show it off at one of the biggest game expos of the year?  That's an odd choice, especially considering how poorly things went with WiiU.

I mean supposedly we're less than 6 months away from PSNeo.5 or whatever it is and we haven't seen anything of that either.

30 minutes ago, Avenged said:

Just played the Resident Evil VII demo/teaser thing, pretty damn scary. First person is such a good direction for the series, even if it is because of of VR. Got vibes of Outlast but with a bigger budget, I can only imagine how terrifying it'll be in VR.

That's the demo that came out I forgot about! Thanks! :(Y):

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I mean supposedly we're less than 6 months away from PSNeo.5 or whatever it is and we haven't seen anything of that either.

Yeah but that's alleged to just be an upgraded version of the PS4, isn't NX supposed to be an entirely new console?