E3 2014 thread

Mortal Kombat X has been announced for everything under the damned sun. If the trailer is anything to go by, Injustice's destructible environment system will be featured, as well as character variants that can impact fighting style (IE, not just costume swaps, but tweaks to framerates & movesets depending on which variant you choose).

MK9's story was great and it had stuff to do besides that like the Challenge Tower and Test Your Luck fights for multiplayer. Thought Homefront was decent too and It seemed to sell pretty well for a new IP but apparently not well enough. I guess they think there's still a market for it, not too sure myself.

I guess it's not as odd to see those two revealed early since I think Ed Boon has been teasing it for today for a while now and both of them got leaked onto places like Amazon over the weekend, but you'd figure Horizon would be a big part of Microsoft's show. Cool to see that get another outing though, enjoyed the first one and it still seems to hold it's value.

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!!!!!

Trailer is fantastic... If the game looks even 25% as good as that though, I'll eat Kung Lao's hat.

Likewise. Ben Kuchera just railed against the trailer over at Polygon, but Ben's been rather angry about damn near everything lately, so meh. Just happy to see Boon & Co. able to continue on the successes of MK9 & Injustice.

Wiz Khalifa :facepalm: Very excited for MK X, though, I quite enjoyed the last release as well as Injustice. Skeptical that it'll look like that, but it should be a pretty good game regardless. As for E3, I'm looking forward to seeing Mortal Kombat, Arkham Knight, whatever 2K's got in store for NBA and WWE, EA UFC and whatever big blockbuster game that'll be released in the Fall/Winter. I imagine I'll be getting a PS4 later this month for my birthday, so hopefully there are some good titles I can look forward to.

If the last game wasn't so great, that trailer would've pissed me off, but since they're not doing yearly sequels like in the two previous iterations of the series, they've earned the benefit of the doubt.

No way in hell that's gameplay footage though, so it is kinda pointless in the grand scheme of things.

Wiz Khalifa :facepalm: Very excited for MK X, though, I quite enjoyed the last release as well as Injustice. Skeptical that it'll look like that, but it should be a pretty good game regardless. As for E3, I'm looking forward to seeing Mortal Kombat, Arkham Knight, whatever 2K's got in store for NBA and WWE, EA UFC and whatever big blockbuster game that'll be released in the Fall/Winter. I imagine I'll be getting a PS4 later this month for my birthday, so hopefully there are some good titles I can look forward to.

UFC is out in two weeks so I doubt you'll need to see much of it at E3.

So I'm just seeing now that the next Battlefield game is being developed by the Dead Space devs, and is going to take things out of the.. well.. battlefield and move it towards a kind of Miami cops and robbers setting.

That's an.. interesting take I guess, Battlefield Hardline they're calling it. Seems like someone liked Payday 2.