The E3 2021/Summer Game Fest Thread

Bobfoc

3 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I'm really intrigued by Nintendo's show because nothing seems to have leaked yet. That hopefully doesn't mean that they've got barely anything to show.

Didn't they leak the new Rabbids game?

Also just watched the PC Gaming show... it was uh... well it was something. Some interesting games amongst the cringe worthy skits.

I like how The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles has a character called Herlock Sholmes. Like, surely Sherlock Holmes is public domain, what's the deal?

And one of these characters is clearly in the middle of court with a sheathed sword. Is no one frisking him when he goes in?

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, MadJack said:

One thing that struck me about Guardians is that by making it Star-Lord only they're leaving open obvious paths for expansions/sequels - I think they'll go down the story DLC packs route, with Gamora DLC, a Groot one etc etc.

Which I guess is better than other methods of carving out content.

The developers have already came out and said there won't be any DLC. Sequels are possible, obviously.

EDIT: Oh, and in their game's universe, Drax has already killed Thanos. 

Edited by tristy

12 minutes ago, tristy said:

The developers have already came out and said there won't be any DLC. Sequels are possible, obviously.

EDIT: Oh, and in their game's universe, Drax has already killed Thanos. 

It's a Square Enix game so I'm not sure the devs will be able to keep that promise. I'd expect any sequel to have a fully playable team if they do manage to keep that promise.

It's been in development for like, 4 or 5 years, you'd think DLC would have factored into that at some point if that was the plan. It seems like Square and Edios are trying to avoid the pitfalls of what happened with Avengers - promising too much and underdelivering. If it does get DLC, at least this way it'll be a (maybe) welcome surprise - depending on how the game plays, of course.

If they do single player for this, but intend to have a sequel, a 'feature' of the sequel could be the ability to play multiple chars. 

• Like 1

I fully expect it to be a new Smash character, some more stuff about Splatoon and some bits about the new Breath of the Wild (which I've still not finished the first one) 

Just now, Ruki Returns said:

Anyone else's audio out of sync?

Yeah, on YouTube it was bad. I pivoted over to E3's twitch, not sure if it'll be better there.

No real interest in Kazuya in Smash. A couple classic 2D fighting game characters in the game is neat but the core appeal of Smash is turning non-fighting game characters into fighting game characters, not porting over people to fight like they do in their games.

• Like 2