Sony Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

Astro Bot was my first platinum on PS5. It was ridiculously easy to get, too.

I do wish they had more PS5 stuff on the Extra/Premium tiers of PS Plus, though. I thought for sure Rift Apart would be a launch title for the service, but apparently not. I just know that the minute I buy that, Kena or Sifu, they'll get added to PS+ and I'll be mad about it, lol.

I just got my fourth party member on Like A Dragon and it's quickly becoming one of my favorite games ever. Everything I enjoyed about Persona but with adults and without the day segments. 

12 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

So I took advantage of my fancy PS+ to try a one hour trial of Rollerdrome because I thought it seemed interesting. I turned it on and it told me I had 35 minutes left. That makes no sense

I've read that that's a common issue. A lot of people aren't happy about it, understandably.

So my PS4 just came back from having it's laser replaced. Now not powering up. Man says he tested it with the case off before putting it back together. It's probably a good thing this happened now rather than a hopefully just loose wire happening 6 months later...

So apparently Sony announced a 20% price hike on the PS5? I was already iffy on upgrading given the changes to PS+ and existing price, I think I may wind up skipping a generation of consoles at this rate given XBox lack of reason to switch and Nintendo's lack of any price drop any time soon 😕

27 minutes ago, damhausen said:

What sucks about this for people who haven't gotten one yet is they'll likely still be selling out of them as soon as they become available so Sony deals with no tangible pushback.

I think you're right. A quick look on eBay shows me that people are still willing to pay over the standard retail price for them, so the biggest impact this will have in the near future is that scalpers end up charging a little more.

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

I think you're right. A quick look on eBay shows me that people are still willing to pay over the standard retail price for them, so the biggest impact this will have in the near future is that scalpers end up charging a little more.

Or (manifesting here) making a little less.