Sony Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

Apparently we've run out of places we can port regular Resident Evil 4 to so...remaster?

Now that I think about it, I can't wait to the point when they do these for 5 and 6. Those are going to sell gangbusters...

10 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

Apparently we've run out of places we can port regular Resident Evil 4 to so...remaster?

Now that I think about it, I can't wait to the point when they do these for 5 and 6. Those are going to sell gangbusters...

I would only be interested in 5 if they totally remade the game in first person. That was the game in the series that killed my interest. It had some cool ideas, but it was clunky as hell.

The kitty came looks neat in a weird way. Sounds like it's availible on the PS+ game pass thing, all the talk around that made it sound like brand new stuff wasn't coming out on it. Though I guess they meant 'full' games like say Spidey 2.

EDIT: Wait, that wasn't the new Dead Space remake?

Apparently this is just the show for severed arms...

Wait wait wait, did that guy just have a rainbow coloured tentacle coming out from his crotch?!

SF6 has an NXT2.0 thing going on with all the colour in the trailer. What was with that open world exploration stuff? Feels like that time they put a crude 3D beat em up in Tekken 3.

FFXVI seems like a strange shift in tone and setting, especially given the last one let you drive around buying cup noodles as I understand it.

Just now, Ruki said:

... unsure about that FF16 gameplay...

Felt like it was entirely a solo character, and then the summon fights looked like a fighting game.

• Like 1

I've never been part of the Final Fantasy fanbase, so that trailer didn't mean much to me. I find it interesting that there are series fans who haven't liked any of the numbered games for the last twenty years, but still get giddy with excitement over the next one.

Last one introduced a lot of really fun new concepts, but the story was all over the place and they dropped those new concepts in parts of the game.  My hope was they would at least build on that foundation, because the combat and exploration were great.

• Like 2

As an outsider, it looked like another game where you hit mythical creatures and numbers come out. It was never going to be the sort of thing I'd play unless there was a sustained buzz around it for a while after in launched.