Sony Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

5 minutes ago, Brandon Cutler Fan Account said:

To be fair, you picked Wigan, who aren't the most exciting.

it was that or Nagoya Grampus.

Fifa 22 is ok. As it has been mentioned most of it is catered around Ultimate Team. Ended up doing a First Owner RTG this year. Once Ronaldo was packed then stopped playing around January.

Might have a few games on it this weekend. It is the kind of game to sit around until the mood strikes usually after watching Football. 

So it looks like the disk drive of my PS4 is knackered, which is annoying as it isn't that old. Disks just spin for a bit, then there's an ejecty noise, then it says unrecognised disk. Anyone had this before? 

I've done a bit of Googling and supposedly it's the laser, which is about £20 on ebay if I trust myself to fix it, but is there a clever way to get the games I have on disk digitally or is that a crazy pipe dream?

• Like 1

Turn it off, all the way off. Unplug the power cord, then hold down the power button for about a minute. Then wait about five minutes for a power cycle then plug the power cord back in again.

• Like 1

On 13/05/2022 at 22:34, OctoberRaven said:

Turn it off, all the way off. Unplug the power cord, then hold down the power button for about a minute. Then wait about five minutes for a power cycle then plug the power cord back in again.

No luck. :(

3 hours ago, Colly said:

No luck. :(

See if you can find a repair center. Sorry, that's the only home fix I know.

• Like 2

I'm most interested to see what the full list of PS1, PS2, PS3 and PSP games looks like. There's not a lot there so far, but I'm aware that there are more yet to be revealed. Some of them will offer save states and a rewind feature, which is nice.

Handful of titles I've missed there but it's still not what it needs to be. GamePass has set the bar so high, even if it's (regardless of what Microsoft claims) being built off of debt. So while it's unrealistic to expect Sony to do the same thing it's always going to look underwhelming by comparison.

If PS3 titles could be successfully emulated and downloaded, this would be great. But they still can't. So at this point I just want a decent library of classic PS1 and PS2 games, and shit I haven't played from PS4/PS5, and I'll be good.

56 minutes ago, Forky said:

So they're doing a Next Gen version of the The Witcher 3. It's GTA levels of money grab....

It's an update that's free to all owners of the game...

• Like 2