Sony Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

It's one that I think is quite easy to pick up once you learn what certain things do. There's an element of chance as you don't know what artifacts you'll get along the way but I've gone from failing the first dungeon to reaching the third consistently in under ten tries as I find what works and what doesn't. I think I've beaten each boss type at least once now, all the ones I've come across at least.

45 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

How hard is it? I like Monster Train and understand that it's similar, but I don't want to be frustrated.

Slay the Spire is great because, if I recall correctly, you can quit midway through a battle and restart it. If you make a tactical error, you can correct. However, you could also just be screwed over because of card choice. I sunk a good 100 hours in probably. 

• Like 1

Just managed to snag a PS5 from Sony.

Also ordered Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Tales of Arise, Scarlet Nexus, and Gran Turismo 7.

Really hoping it arrives on Saturday but that might be a bit optimistic.

Edited by Jake O. Rhodes
  • Like 2

I really enjoyed Tales of Arise. If you've played a Tales game before you know what to expect, but I felt the overall structure of this particular one was better than most. A very tight game that also took me something like 70 hours to get through. 

Also I think the characters were generally some of the strongest they've put out. Lot of great backstories and they interacted quite well.

• Like 1

Tales of Arise was the first Tales game I completed (the first one I played was the one on gamepass). I really enjoyed the combat and characters/story. Some of the boss fights were dumb, but overall a fun game with each character playing a little different!

I also played Scarlet Nexus on Gamepass. The gameplay and powers were cool, I was just really meh on the story and the sameness of everything as it got later on in the game. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

Tales of Arise was the first Tales game I completed (the first one I played was the one on gamepass). I really enjoyed the combat and characters/story. Some of the boss fights were dumb, but overall a fun game with each character playing a little different!

That's a series hallmark. But, yeah, some of the boss fights in Arise were quite dumb.

5 minutes ago, damhausen said:

That's a series hallmark. But, yeah, some of the boss fights in Arise were quite dumb.

I also didn't like that at the midway point, they unlocked some quests that were meant for level 70 characters, when you're like 30-40... without any warning. 

1 minute ago, Ruki Returns said:

I also didn't like that at the midway point, they unlocked some quests that were meant for level 70 characters, when you're like 30-40... without any warning. 

If I recall you basically had to figure out you were way too weak for them by trying them and dying instantly. That was a definite weakness in the design. Unlocking the quests is fine but make sure I know I'm under-leveled.

• Like 1

I'm trying to figure out how close I am to the end of Horizon Forbidden West without reading spoilers. Can someone who finished it help me out please?

Spoiler

I am supposed to head to San Fran to try and meet with Alva so she can help me build the rig to carry Gaia around

7 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I'm trying to figure out how close I am to the end of Horizon Forbidden West without reading spoilers. Can someone who finished it help me out please?

Hide contents

I am supposed to head to San Fran to try and meet with Alva so she can help me build the rig to carry Gaia around

I would say you're a good chunk of the way through the game. 

No spoilers for content, but for total number of missions below

Spoiler

Looking it up, there are apparently 14 'main' missions, the one you are about to do is #11. I remember the last 4 being a decent length each. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've never played a Soccer/Football game.....I don't even know the rules....but I think I might actually grab the free Fifa game and give it a shot. There hasn't been a lot of decent games on PS+ lately which is sad.

• Like 1

I gave FIFA 22 a game under much the same circumstances - I haven't been good at a football game since World Cup Italia '90 - and found the number of options completely overwhelming, then played one incredibly dull game as Wigan Athletic and got bored very quickly.

Most of the EA Sports games have gone downhill in the last decade - focusing on online play and, especially, on microtransactions. Often at the expense of what really draws me in to these games - a robust franchise and career mode.

I did grab FIFA 22 especially to just have it sitting around if the mood strikes. 

• Like 1