Sony Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

10 minutes ago, Forky said:

Sadly I don't want to play any of the April games :( 

This is me for the past like, 6 months or something. Maybe there's one game a month I'm interested in, but then I'm basically paying $10 for it since I only use PS+ for the free games. Just not worth it, not yet anyway. I'm very happy they finally bundled Now & Plus together, and the highest tier having (more) older games is worth it. Probably no trophy support, but that's okay. Then you've got things like claiming Ghosts of Tsushima Legends if you don't have the base game causing errors to an upgrade path if you do decide to buy it eventually. I'm fucked either way on that one, since I had a physical PS4 copy but now own a digital PS5.

Which makes me wonder why they haven't addressed that for digital PS5 owners, or at least individual publishers. Credit where it's due: Respawn/EA did us digital PS5 owners a good deed with Fallen Order if you had a physical copy last generation. All you had to do was enter your PSN username or something on a website, it verified that you had a locked disc copy of Fallen Order, and gave you a download for a digital version of the game for free. Then the PS5 upgrade was free too.

https://www.polygon.com/23003058/ps5-playstation-plus-collection-persona-5-removal

FYI, Persona 5 is leaving the PS Plus Collection. So if you haven't played it or claimed it you may want to do that soon. Once you've claimed it the game is obviously yours as long as you keep PS Plus barring any funny shenanigans. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, damhausen said:

https://www.polygon.com/23003058/ps5-playstation-plus-collection-persona-5-removal

FYI, Persona 5 is leaving the PS Plus Collection. So if you haven't played it or claimed it you may want to do that soon. Once you've claimed it the game is obviously yours as long as you keep PS Plus barring any funny shenanigans. 

I have never played a Persona game but have wanted to. Is 5 good? I guess for a free game I may as well claim it anyway.

1 minute ago, Forky said:

I have never played a Persona game but have wanted to. Is 5 good? I guess for a free game I may as well claim it anyway.

They're all very good games but I think a lot of people wind up tailing off due to the length of them and, admittedly, the sometimes repetitive nature of playing the day-to-day activities.

I think on average a Persona game will take you 80-100 hours to get through. So you'll have plenty of time to figure out if it's for you.

I'm about to finish Guardians of the Galaxy and I freaked out (even though my backlog is immense) and bought Horizon Forbidden West but I'm scared of spoilers can someone point me to an article or just tell me what I need to remember about the story to play this one? Thanks! :D 

3 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I'm about to finish Guardians of the Galaxy and I freaked out (even though my backlog is immense) and bought Horizon Forbidden West but I'm scared of spoilers can someone point me to an article or just tell me what I need to remember about the story to play this one? Thanks! :D 

https://www.cnet.com/tech/gaming/horizon-zero-dawn-recap-everything-to-know-before-playing-forbidden-west/#:~:text=At the end of Horizon,and was captured by Sylens.

• Thanks 1