Sony Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

Sony first party games do big set pieces so dang well. I am having an absolute blast with Rift Apart... grinding on rails while a giant murder robot tries to destroy you. It's great! And not vey long, I have only been playing since Monday or Tuesday, and I think I am nearing the end. 

12 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Sony first party games do big set pieces so dang well. I am having an absolute blast with Rift Apart... grinding on rails while a giant murder robot tries to destroy you. It's great! And not vey long, I have only been playing since Monday or Tuesday, and I think I am nearing the end. 

Sounds about right. Ratchet & Clank wasn't particularly long either. Considering they are ostensibly kids games it makes sense. I've yet to play Rift Apart but am sure when I do it'll be one of those "man that was a fun weekend" type games.

• Like 1

On something of a whim I bought Ghost of Tsushima on Wednesday. I know it'll probably end up on pc eventually but I finally got tired of waiting on it to happen.

So far 30eu well spent because I have been LOVING the game and I'm not even that far out of the prologue.

The setting, the presentation, and of course the gameplay are all exactly what I wanted and more, it's just such a freaking cool game to pick up and play.

I don't think perfect parties into an instant kill counter will ever tire, or mowing someone down during a standoff.

There's a lot of Arkham style of "counter and kill gameplay" games out there, but Tsushima just feels fresh from the word go.

• Like 2

On 06/09/2022 at 09:05, 9 to 5 said:

The only game I have ever bought more than twice is Resident Evil 4.

Same. Mostly the Resident Evil games have been bought a few time's. The remake for the Cube and also bought it on Xbox. Same with 4. 

The most bought game by me is probably LMA Manager 2005. Loved those games back in the day when me and my brother used to play them together. I miss those times with him. Dead Rising 1 & 2 I think I owned them more than once. 

On 06/09/2022 at 02:21, Your Mom said:

Well they got me. I just bought The first Last of Us game for a third time. I bet in a few years they could probably sell it to me again :lol: 

Buying a game you love and will enjoy and play all over again is never a bad thing. You know what you're getting, know you're almost certainly going to complete it at least once, and support the people who brought you so much joy.

• Like 2

On 03/09/2022 at 15:06, Bobfoc said:

The other Yakuza games have a different combat styles to Like a Dragon. 0 is probably the best to start with.

Enjoyed the PS2 Yakuza when it came out many years ago. Think it was the American voice cast that originally attracted me to the game. Really enjoyed the story and gameplay. It is a game that has stuck with me in the mind. As I never did own a Dreamcast so never got to play Shemnue. So that was also another reason why I enjoyed playing it as much as I did. Plus Japan is visually stunning and so interesting to me on the culture. 

Managed to get the series on sale and it is sitting in my game collection so going to get around to them eventually.