Sony Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

23 minutes ago, Rukon Cornelius said:

How long did it take everyone to beat? I'm 15-16 hours in, and I just finished the main quest go get

Hide contents

Freya

on my side. Just curious how much I have left.

I wouldn't even call you halfway yet. Maybe a third?

• Like 1

On 25/08/2022 at 14:53, Colly said:

So my PS4 just came back from having it's laser replaced. Now not powering up. Man says he tested it with the case off before putting it back together. It's probably a good thing this happened now rather than a hopefully just loose wire happening 6 months later...

Remember this? Finally got my PS4 back last week, though when I say "my" PS4 they somehow managed to absolutely shat it over 3 months before eventually giving up and getting me a replacement from eBay. Thank god for PS+. It's working which is good, though the fan is making some horrible noises on bigger games. I've done the basic clean without taking it to bits, but if anyone has any experience in a proper clean I'm open to tips. Not taking it back to that shop...

• Sad 1

Having similar issues with my machine also Colly. I've been looking at tutorials online about deep cleaning. I'm half tempted to spend a day just doing it. The fan sounds like a jet is about to take off. Have another PS4 in storage brand new I could use. But there's a lot of emotion and sentiment to the current machine. If I see any decent video's or articles I will let you know. 

Half tempted to replay Day's Gone. It was my favourite game of 2019. I'm half worried if the story will be still as emotional the second time around. It was such a fun game to get lost in at the time. Half expect it will be a lot more emotional with circumstances of the last few year's personally for myself. But think Deacon was an interesting character to play as. The acting was very good from all involved. I'm always hoping a sequel will be announced. 

Elden Ring is on my list. Once I have managed to get through a whole backlog of game's. As much as I love the soulsborne series. Preferred Mortal Shells take on the character RPG aspect of having shells to inhabit instead of having to fiddle with stats. It was just easy to be able to switch play styles up quickly. It was my only gripe with Darks Souls and Bloodborne. 

On 12/12/2022 at 17:49, TheGrandKrampusvatar said:

Half tempted to replay Day's Gone. It was my favourite game of 2019.

I got 80% of the way through on PS4, never went back to it when I struggled on the 2nd major horde and had other games to play at the time.

That said, it's £8 on the cdkeys Xmas sale and it'd be nice to play it on my gaming laptop. So yeah I think I'm playing that next between my NFS Unbound sessions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

I got 80% of the way through on PS4, never went back to it when I struggled on the 2nd major horde and had other games to play at the time.

That said, it's £8 on the cdkeys Xmas sale and it'd be nice to play it on my gaming laptop. So yeah I think I'm playing that next between my NFS Unbound sessions.

I've just been checking the cut scene's again, and the story. You should at least try to finish it and get the ending. It's an emotional ride. But all of the story is and gets  tied up well with it allowing a continued look if we ever get a sequel.

Deacon is by far one of the most interesting character's for me and his emotional process of it all and what remains of Day's Gone. It still hit me did the grief of my own losses going back. The World was a lot of fun to get lost in and I really enjoyed the ccharacter's. Also the bike is satisfying as a mode of transport. 

Enjoy going back @Baddar

Days Gone came up again recently because the games director was having a moan that 'woke reviewers' only gave bad scores because there was a scene where the protagonist looked at his wife's bum or something equally ridiculous.

A game that has generally favourable reviews from what I can tell and is sat at 7/10 on metacritic so I'm not sure what he's complaining about. Then again, I know to most gamers anything below an 8 might as well be a 0 so he at least might have a reason to be upset there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Did you guys talk about the Forspoken demo? I didn't even know it was out! 😮 Downloading it now I am very excited for this game

I tried it yesterday, but I wasn't in the mood for it so I didn't even finish the tutorial. It's pretty though. 

• 2 weeks later...

That reminds me, does PS5 backwards compatability extend to controllers or is that moon on a stick talk? I'm tempted to just sell on my now noisy PS4 and use it towards a PS5, but given we play a lot of 4 player games 4 new PS5 pads presumably costs me about as much as a console...

Yeah they still work. You just wouldn't benefit from a game that uses the new haptic feedback and such.

Talking of pricing though I've actually noticed some PS5 controllers at £30 when there's been a sale which is as low as I ever remember the official PS4 ones going.

• Thanks 1