Sony Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

23 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I'm thinking of giving the Star Wars game another try before the new one comes out next month. I quit on it last time because I found the map hard to figure out. Does it get any easier if you stick with it?

Nope. Not a lick. :lol:

Still a banging game tho.

Idk what it is but I feel like the triggers on my controller have gotten more sensitive? I noticed it a few weeks back, but it was while I took a break from God of War to play sports games and I could get away with no tlresting my fingers on them. But now I'm back to GOW and it's very annoying. Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the trigger buttons in particular?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I tried the demo for this One Piece Odyssey. I know it's like a pretty famous Anime thing, but that's all I know about it. It was fun and seemed like a light bit of silly Final Fantasy type fun. I know none of you probably know for sure unless you played it but do you think I'm going to be lost story wise as much as I am during a typical FF? Like is there a lot to it? I'm sure people have watched the show is that hard to follow? So far I get that they are pirates and Hat guy is the leader. That's all I need to know isn't it?

On 11/02/2023 at 11:48, Your Mom said:

I tried the demo for this One Piece Odyssey. I know it's like a pretty famous Anime thing, but that's all I know about it. It was fun and seemed like a light bit of silly Final Fantasy type fun. I know none of you probably know for sure unless you played it but do you think I'm going to be lost story wise as much as I am during a typical FF? Like is there a lot to it? I'm sure people have watched the show is that hard to follow? So far I get that they are pirates and Hat guy is the leader. That's all I need to know isn't it?

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Kazuma KiRuki said:

Yeah, it didn't look great. But you know what did? Baulder's Gate 3. 

Yup, that's a day 1 for me.   Very happy to see it got a console release date right away.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Yup, that's a day 1 for me.   Very happy to see it got a console release date right away.

I played about 4-5 hours of the beta on PC a year or two ago. Loved it, but decided to put it down for the full release. 

• 1 month later...

Which games are worth getting for the PS5? I got the console about a week ago. I have God Of War Ragnarok (which I came bundled with the console but which I already played on the PS4. I regret that because the PS5 version looks stunning) , WWE 2K23 and I'm going to get Returnal for my birthday.

I see Gotham Knights is on sale, but that got mixed reviewes. I'm planning to get the Last Of Us re-make eventually, but it is too expensive for me right now so I'm waiting for a sale.

Edited by Hellraiser

• Lineker changed the title to Sony Megathread 2023
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/04/2023 at 12:06, Your Mom said:

@tristy was it you that wanted to play Kena: Bridge of Spirits? It's coming to Plus on the 18th.

And if it wasn't you then I'm just telling everyone because it's a fun game :P 

Yeah, probably. My buddy from work ended up gifting it to me on Steam for Christmas, but hoooooly shit it's very poorly optimized. Well, for SteamDeck anyway, maybe it's fine on a regular PC or something. Massive framerate issues, bad picture quality, etc.

Will definitely jump on it when it's made available for PS Plus, for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

So I finished the Burning Shores DLC. Spoilers ahead:

Spoiler

It was a fun experience. The main quest line was well designed and enjoyable. I thought Seyka was great and I found her and Aloy's romance adorable. I loved finally being able to fight a Horus. I've been wanting to do that ever since they were introduced in Zero Dawn and I still remember being disappointed that they didn't bring one back to life like they did here in that game. The Waterwings that can fly and dive underwater are cool addition to the game and those new frog Machines they added are formidable enemies. And that brings us to the negatives:

Outside of the main story, there is not much else to do other than three side quests and some collectables. And that is weird given how big the map is. I've read that it is about 1/3 of the main map. And large parts of it just go unused. And while the ability to dive with the waterwings is cool, they really didn't give any reason to use it outside of the main quest. Walter Londra was just another cliche, moustache-twirling bad guy just like the other Far Zenith members that we have met that aren't Tilda. I really wish that they would have made him stand out from the rest of the Far Zenith guys a bit more. There are also some bugs still left in the game. If you do the Areal Capture quests in the wrong order, you can't progress the quest at some point. There is also Datapoint that doesn't unlock when it is supposed to during one of the main quests.

Edit: Turns out I wasn't quite done yet. There is an epilogue. One final moment with Lance Reddick as Sylens. It is very bittersweet. I hope they re-cast the character and bring his character arc to fruition (with the blessing of his family of course).

Overall I'd say it is worth getting if you enjoyed the main game.

Edited by Hellraiser
  • Like 1