Sony Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

Finally tried the Forspoken demo. I have been looking forward to that game for years!

I hated it and deleted it and removed it from my wishlist after about 10 minutes. It was not fun at all and the constant stupid Joss Whedon chatter between you and your bracelet thing was fucking insufferable. Big disappointment :( 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

Finally tried the Forspoken demo. I have been looking forward to that game for years!

I hated it and deleted it and removed it from my wishlist after about 10 minutes. It was not fun at all and the constant stupid Joss Whedon chatter between you and your bracelet thing was fucking insufferable. Big disappointment :( 

That's always the worst. I'm sorry for your disappointment 😞 

• Thanks 1

PS Plus Extra (the tier with the big 200+ game catalog) is currently on sale for £49.99 down from £83.99 for 12 months. 

A £50 card at Shopto is currently £42.85, so you can get the enhanced version of Plus for a very good price considering all the price hikes lately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

Just joined up to try out PlayStation Plus Premium for a month. It was such a cheap deal for the first month to at least test it out. 

I get a lot of value out of PS Plus Extra (or whatever it's called). The games library is pretty solid. Nothing mind-blowing like the Game Pass day one releases, but it's giving me stuff to play consistently and there's a varied selection of titles available.

If you're into the PS Classics, I imagine that Premium is probably a worthwhile investment.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/01/2023 at 23:44, Your Mom said:

Apparently a lot of the major gaming sites haven't been given review copies or codes which is never a good sign prior to the game releasing 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, damhausen said:

Oh my god it really is Joss Whedon the Video Game

Kind of feel bad for the people who conceived this game at a time when this exact kind of dialogue still felt hip and cool. Now it feels like such a relic. Done in by leadtimes.

hahaha, wow, much of that was in that trailer they put out last year that the internet made fun of relentlessly, I did not realize that that was dialogue already recorded for the game.

23 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

hahaha, wow, much of that was in that trailer they put out last year that the internet made fun of relentlessly, I did not realize that that was dialogue already recorded for the game.

Honestly given the initial way everyone reacted I'm surprised they didn't go back and re-record everything to make it a bit more grounded.

The next time Square Enix decides that the story/dialogue/aesthetic choices they've made are corny and/or bad and they need to readjust them would be the first time, to be fair.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...