Sony Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

• 3 weeks later...

Randomly checked Target.com the other night and my local one had PS5s in stock!  Got the PS5/GoW bundle and picked up Horizon: Forbidden West

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

The mood whiplash in these presentations is always jarring. From a game about a beloved animal dying and being mourned by its friend we jump straight to Cat Quest: Pirates of the Purribean.

Sif from Dark Souls but now a whole game.

Also, MGS3 remake rumours were true! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE EAAAAAAAAAAATER!

Wait, it's all 3 games? Or maybe MGS3 is the headline remake and 1/2 are bonuses?

I really hope that Assassin's Creed game is more like the old ones, and not the Assassin's Creed x Monster Hunter games of more recently.

I just want to perform stealthy assassinations, not take number hit points off a giant crocodile.

• Like 1

I thought this show was pretty neat, though say what you will about the E3 shows of old with all the random on stage crap, it did lend the thing some breathing room. It kinda feels like a lot to be just given game after game after game after game. 

Them doing a Switch esque device will be interesting to see, I imagine it will be it's own independent device rather than just a second screen for streaming, that would be a bit of a hard sell. Earbuds seems a bit strange though, especially since Sony already does pretty well regarded bluetooth earbuds. Maybe they think making them 'GAMER BUDZ' will sucker in the market.

1 hour ago, King Ellis said:

I imagine it will be it's own independent device rather than just a second screen for streaming, that would be a bit of a hard sell. 

From what I'm seeing, the PSSwitchThingy is basically a streaming/Remote Play device and can't play games on it's own so yeah :(

The announcement I'm most intrigued by is the Metal Gear Solid Master Collection. According to the game's website, it's being called "Volume 1", which suggests that MGS4 might finally be getting a release on platforms other than the PS3 once the second volume comes along.

I'm a massive MGS Mark but I dunno how I feel about this. I think a large part of the enjoyment from the game was the typical cheesy charm of that era (IM COVERED IN BEEEEEEEEEEES), I don't know how well a hyper realistic looking update would be if they veer too much as these things tend to do from the original game.

I guess it's the same reason I've not touched the FFVII remake I suppose, although I know that's been received well. Dunno, I'll 100% pick it up no doubt but eh. Not majorly hyped.

Unless they have brought back Dave Hayter?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Kaney said:

I'm a massive MGS Mark but I dunno how I feel about this. I think a large part of the enjoyment from the game was the typical cheesy charm of that era (IM COVERED IN BEEEEEEEEEEES), I don't know how well a hyper realistic looking update would be if they veer too much as these things tend to do from the original game.

I guess it's the same reason I've not touched the FFVII remake I suppose, although I know that's been received well. Dunno, I'll 100% pick it up no doubt but eh. Not majorly hyped.

Unless they have brought back Dave Hayter?

Konami have said all original voice actors will be in. IGN then separately reported the game using the original recordings so sounds like either way he'll be in

• Thanks 1