Sony Megathread 2023

Bobfoc

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

The PS5 comes with that cord, yeah? How do I know if my TV is compatible?

You could find out the model number of your television and look it up. Generally speaking, it's only the top range televisions from the last two or three years that support HDMI 2.1.

13 minutes ago, LL! said:

It was the sequel Death Ring of Red. 

LMAO oh I get it hahaha nice one @Maxx - that went way over my head (despite having watched my first 360 red ring on me before haha)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Krabby said:

(despite having watched my first 360 red ring on me before haha)

When my first 360 did that I was shocked. Half thought Sauron was searching through Xbox Rings at first. 

Speaking of the game. Think I might have played it on a demo disc it was on back in the day as it does look very vaguely familiar somehow. 

• Haha 1

The Hitman series is on sale. Picked them up very cheap. Have not played the newer updated game's. So looking forward to testing them and trying out the new engine and gameplay they did for the newer series going foward.

Worth a look for the price if you wanted a cheap deal on them or wanted to purchase them at least to play them in the future.

Remember they had decent reviews at the time, and also the amazing YouTube video's they did with celebrities controlling Agent 47. Think the ChuckleBrothers had their own moment with the live hitman they controlled. So hopefully should be amused. Really enjoyed the older game's in the series. 

I think the Hitman reboots really nailed the wacky sandbox formula that the old games set up. There's so much content and replay value.

Word of advice: play all the levels from within Hitman 3. It will give you access to everything from the first two games, but with all the updated features.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

The Hitman series is on sale. Picked them up very cheap. Have not played the newer updated game's. So looking forward to testing them and trying out the new engine and gameplay they did for the newer series going foward.

Worth a look for the price if you wanted a cheap deal on them or wanted to purchase them at least to play them in the future.

Remember they had decent reviews at the time, and also the amazing YouTube video's they did with celebrities controlling Agent 47. Think the ChuckleBrothers had their own moment with the live hitman they controlled. So hopefully should be amused. Really enjoyed the older game's in the series. 

I presume the age restriction is due to the fact it's all fun and games until Paul very much insists the Hitman hits a woman.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Anyone ever have your PS5 go into rest mode in the middle of playing a game? I mean I've had games crash obviously but the game was running fine it just suddenly said Playstation is going into rest mode and turned it's self off

I did a Google search and it seems that this can happen when "HDMI Link" is turned on in the settings.

• Thanks 1

Rewatched the Raising Kratos documentary last night in preparation for Ragnarok tomorrow and it's got me so unbelievably hyped.

I'd been in a little bit of a gaming rut since Elden Ring, nothing I'd played since had held a candle. Overwatch and OlliOlli World have helped me get back in the flow of things over the last couple weeks and now I'm so god damned ready to play God of War.