FIFA World Cup 2022

Lineker

I feel as though Davies is trying too hard, maybe that's harsh but he keeps running down dead ends and making poor decisions.

Canada have played very well, just not in the penalty box. They should be encouraged by that half and know they can come back.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Jenas criticising Belgium as 'static' almost half a second before Michy is played in and scores.

One the Canadian broadcast it was something like "Canada has to focus and see out the half..." just a moment before the through ball. 

• Like 1

I don't know why they're being so critical over the pen, it's a clear handball. I'm completely against defenders playing with their hands behind their back, but in the position he's in that's handball. I'm not sure what rule they're wanting to go back to, because that's handball under any interpretation of the law.

American Twitter (and broadcast) convinced Tajon Buchanon won a penalty on the offsides call that the linesman got wrong. Yes, it's not offsides so it could be a penalty. Yes, the defender clears him out. BUT, he clearly wins the ball first.

Referee/VAR pretty much never award a penalty if the defender wins the ball first. No matter how much he fouls him afterwards.

Man, if Canada had an actual striker they would get loads of goals.