FIFA World Cup 2022

Lineker

14 minutes ago, Twist said:

Losing after a goal from a Cameroon born player will no doubt sting for Cameroon.

I know the same could be said about a lot of teams, but Cameroon if they had all the players that are eligible to play for them would be incredible - Tchouameni, Umtiti, Saliba, N'Dikca, Embolo, and younger players like Elanga as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadJack said:

I know the same could be said about a lot of teams, but Cameroon if they had all the players that are eligible to play for them would be incredible - Tchouameni, Umtiti, Saliba, N'Dikca, Embolo, and younger players like Elanga as well.

Moukoko too.

First round of games is normally slow. Teams will need to start taking more risks as we come up to the 2nd go through.

That said, most of these games have had a fair few good chances. The general quality of finishing so far has been appalling.

Some of the xG scores of interest rounding to the nearest whole figure:

Belgium 1 - 3 Canada

Germany 4 - 2 Japan

All of the 0-0 games have an xG of 1-1 before today as well. Not a huge variation but that’s a total of 6xG and 0 goals.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Twist said:

Ghana still imprison people for being gay, so I’m going to go with Portugal.

I did wonder if I should dislike Ghana for a reason. Thank you for that information I was unaware on. Was waiting for someone to post why too. Although I don't fancy cheering a rapist after learning that the other day either.