FIFA World Cup 2022

Lineker

2 minutes ago, Jacob deBusch said:

I genuinely expected to wake up today to see Wales had shut out Iran and that just throws shitloads of pressure on the US today.  Was not expecting that result at all.

I'd say there's still a fair amount of pressure on because anything other than a win today would mean that Iran would just need a draw in the final match to finish ahead of USA. However, it ought to mean that USA have their fate in their own hands, which they might not have done if Wales had won.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Colly said:

I think it's probably a pen, but I don't understand why he hasn't just had a shot.

Yeah I thought this - utterly bizarre, no idea what he was doing. Might’ve factored into the decision, seemed as if he was looking for it.

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

Brilliant run by Ndiaye of Sheff Utd to set that third goal up.

Not that you'd know it watching the BBC as Pearce and Dublin completely ignored it. The standard of commentary at this tournament has been woeful.

Sorry but we're keeping Derek Rae for ourselves.

Gakpo is definitely having the breakout many expected him too. Totally understand why he turned down Leeds this summer to wait for a bigger move. He's just too good for a club like Leeds. He belongs in a Champions League club

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Brilliant run by Ndiaye of Sheff Utd to set that third goal up.

Not that you'd know it watching the BBC as Pearce and Dublin completely ignored it. The standard of commentary at this tournament has been woeful.

Outside of McCoist, the co-commentator choices have been very bad. Hartson, Dublin, Dixon, Murphy. Ugh. Listless and a lack of knowledge.

Keown referred to Argentina as "Argentinia" on a few occasions ffs

• Like 1