FIFA World Cup 2022

Lineker

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

Sam Matterface is clearly winding Lee Dixon up now by banging on about some irrelevant game Dixon played in against USA some 30 years ago.

Why on earth did they make him lead England commentator.

The fact they were able to have a full uninterrupted conversation about that, USA's evolution as a footballing nation, plus a 1950 match, just showed how little there is worth mentioning in this game

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Gregg Berhalter has taken way too long to make changes. Has allowed England to retake control of the tempo.

This must be some new meaning of the word 'control' I wasn't previously aware of.

Just now, Jacob deBusch said:

Shaq Moore’s barely been in there and yet every time he’s mentioned it’s because he’s committed a foul or turnover.

Moore and Yedlin both coming in over Scally is a disgrace.

Just now, Adam said:

Lee Dixon saying Rashford is back in the England squad because he's "concentrating on his football". Concerning.

I thought the exact same thing when I heard that. I really hope Dixon doesn't think that what Rashford achieved off the pitch is pointless if its affected his football career.

• Like 2