Carabao Cup 2023/24

Lineker

28 minutes ago, Colly said:

I was unnecessarily pessimistic. Fucking great second half.

FYI if anyone wants to go to a Newcastle game in the near future just turn up 10 minutes before kickoff and wave anything resembling a barcode at the turnstile guy. That's how well e ticketing is going.

I miss paper tickets. Few of the turnstiles tonight didn't work and a few had issues with android phones. Got in the ground to see Leicester score

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

I miss paper tickets. Few of the turnstiles tonight didn't work and a few had issues with android phones. Got in the ground to see Leicester score

The fact that we've made the Champions League for the first time in 20 years and my PSG ticket is a fucking app on my phone has me fuming.

20 minutes ago, Colly said:

The fact that we've made the Champions League for the first time in 20 years and my PSG ticket is a fucking app on my phone has me fuming.

This is infuriating. Similarly they've done the same for US sports - you used to be able to count on special tickets for major games and now they don't even mail you a souvenir one. It rightfully upsets fans who at least want something to keep and hold onto from a special time to be a fan of a team.

1 hour ago, gunnar hendershow said:

This is infuriating. Similarly they've done the same for US sports - you used to be able to count on special tickets for major games and now they don't even mail you a souvenir one. It rightfully upsets fans who at least want something to keep and hold onto from a special time to be a fan of a team.

Say what you like, I'll never forget these QR code that I can't access anymore memories:

image.png

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

A guaranteed League Two club in the quarter finals is nice.

Port Vale are 4th in League One.

I'm very pleased for DCL that he's scored in back-to-back games now. Happy for Garner to get his first Everton goal too, he's been one of the few consistent bright sparks in this last year of dirge.

8 hours ago, Colly said:

And I guarantee all moaning about this would do is give clubs the idea to sell you a "commemorative" mock paper ticket for about a tenner.

Plenty of Utd fans are pissed off regarding ticketing already after last night. Lots of Galatasaray fans ended up scattered all over the stadium, managing to get their hands on groups of home tickets. It's angered season ticket holders because if they can't make it and want to give their ticket to Mike down the road, they get hit with a ban.

I'm still grumbling at the price, but managed to snag a ticket since we've got a massive allocation. Any tips on parking, eating etc gratefully received, and I realise Media City is right next door so @Lineker if you could use your sway to get me a date with Lauren Laverne and/or Dion Dublin that would be cool.

• Haha 2

The metro goes right by the ground so you could always park in the city then just jump on the tram if that's any help rather than necessarily parking right by the staidum.  

• Thanks 1

Trying to avoid public transport to be honest just for the ridiculous lateness of it already, but did consider it from the Trafford Centre just to stay vaguely motorway-y. Current thought is a Justpark "bang it on someone's drive" 20 mins walk away.

You might not be too bad at that time if you're thinking of around the Trafford Centre. Might just be a ballache initially going round there cause it can be a nightmare

• 3 weeks later...

West Ham at home sandwiched between games against Man Utd and Arsenal (both at home) isn't ideal. Be a tough game that. 

Glad Chelsea/Newcastle got each other. Was kinda hoping for Everton at home but hopefully both teams get the final.