NFL 2023

Lineker

The fact that the Eagles almost let the Giants win that game says everything about how overrated and mediocre this team is. Eagles may walk backwards into winning the NFC East, but they will absolutely be losing their first playoff game. Mental mistakes every game, turnovers, a shit defense. They're just so poor.

And at Xfinity Live across from Lincoln Financial Field after the game 

Had a blast and, yea, I didn't need a voice tomorrow anyway

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Lint said:

And at Xfinity Live across from Lincoln Financial Field after the game 

Had a blast and, yea, I didn't need a voice tomorrow anyway

Don't eat the chicken fingers there! Worst case of food poisoning I've ever had was from Xfinity Live.

4 minutes ago, Szumi said:

Don't eat the chicken fingers there! Worst case of food poisoning I've ever had was from Xfinity Live.

I got some very, very subpar fish tacos there once. Although no food poisoning. Next time I go up to Philly for an event I'll be picking up Wawa on my way and eating it in the parking lot.

I would say tonight might seal up MVP for Lamar but it feels like the current favorite shits the bed every week.

Notably, CMC has now moved to +170 and the 2nd favorite behind -105 Lamar.  That’s the first actual betting indicator to suggest voters might get beaten into submission into voting for a non-QB.

35 minutes ago, Busch Wyatt said:

I would say tonight might seal up MVP for Lamar but it feels like the current favorite shits the bed every week.

Notably, CMC has now moved to +170 and the 2nd favorite behind -105 Lamar.  That’s the first actual betting indicator to suggest voters might get beaten into submission into voting for a non-QB.

CMC is a great choice because I think the offense runs through him, in that all the success others get to have is because you absolutely have to consider him the number 1 priority on defense.

But, man, I've watched so much football and I don't think I've seen a player more directly valuable to a team than Lamar Jackson.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gunnar hendershow said:

I got some very, very subpar fish tacos there once. Although no food poisoning. Next time I go up to Philly for an event I'll be picking up Wawa on my way and eating it in the parking lot.

Shame Wawa did away with the chalupa :(

11 hours ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Depending on where you're coming in from, I always support hitting up Dalessandro's for the best cheese steak in Philly. 

Honestly, and it's probably because I was spoiled with watching Lamar's first MVP run. But as much as I would like that Lamar wins his second MVP, it doesn't really feel like a typical race to the MVP this year as far as QBs are concerned. Even with that duck of a game, Purdy is still ahead of all the other QBs by quite a way's off in terms of raw stats, and the 49ers are still the #2 team in the league behind the Ravens.

Lamar has been very solid throughout the year, no real shockers other than the two early season losses where he struggled a bit, but other than that he has managed to carry on and lead the team towards the important and dominant wins including last night and against the Lions earlier this year.

But... I don't see it, Purdy has been helped by an all round great offense with CMC behind him and Aiyuk/Deebo on the wing.

Honestly of all the choices, I would honestly have no issues if CMC gets it, he has been unreal this year and honestly it'd be nice for the voters to not always pick a QB. If there's any year, this is the one that has the strongest case for it.

And I would prefer it if CMC gets the MVP, so that Lamar can get the ring in February. -_-

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Adding to that. My real hope was a WR would win MVP this year with how scorching hot Hill and Brown were early on, but with Hill getting hurt and Brown tapering off that's not going to happen. CMC is having a great season and leads in a lot of categories but is not having a historically great season. Purdy was until last night.

There's a chance Brock sets the world on fire the next two games but with even a competent game against Miami I think Lamar has won MVP. The voters would be inclined to give it to a guy who is one-on-one even if his QB stats aren't eye-popping when you consider the record, the eyeball test, etc.

2 hours ago, Szumi said:

Depending on where you're coming in from, I always support hitting up Dalessandro's for the best cheese steak in Philly. 

You know I used to live in Germantown/Chestnut Hill and never stopped by there. Coming up from Baltimore I don't drive anywhere close to there unfortunately.

Rodgers decided to harp on the vaccine again today and proposed that anyone voicing opinions on him should state their vaccination status first.  Aka he doesn’t care about your opinion if you’re vaccinated.

Well, I’m vaccinated and my opinion is that it’d be hilarious if he shreds his knee in training camp next July.

• Haha 2

• Admin

The New York Giants will start Tyrod Taylor at quarterback Sunday against the Los Angeles Rams, coach Brian Daboll announced Wednesday.

Taylor replaced rookie Tommy DeVito in the second half of the Giants' loss Monday to the Philadelphia Eagles, after which Daboll said he was unsure who would start in Week 17.

DeVito, the undrafted rookie who famously lives at home and quickly became a fan favorite by winning three of his first four starts, was told at halftime by Daboll the switch was being made. All he was told at the time was that the team was trying to spark the offense. The Giants trailed 20-3.

The Giants (5-10) scored on their opening possession of the second half, with Taylor handing off to running back Saquon Barkley on three straight plays. In the fourth quarter, Taylor threw a 69-yard touchdown pass to Darius Slayton.

ASHBURN, Va. -- The Washington Commanders will start Jacoby Brissett at quarterback against the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday, benching Sam Howell after 15 starts this season and calling into question his future with the organization.

Washington coach Ron Rivera said he still believes Howell can be a quality starting quarterback.

"This is part of the growth," Rivera said. "We're all culpable in this situation, too. This is not an indictment on Sam or how my feelings toward Sam have changed. I really do think this guy can be a really good quarterback in this league, I really do. I also think sometimes when things get tough and get hard ... this has been a long year for everybody. This is a chance for him to take a breath."

Washington benched Howell in the each of the last two games, with Brissett rallying the Commanders in each game. In Brissett's first five drives in those games Washington finished with touchdowns. Under Brissett, the Commanders had rallied from a 28-7 fourth-quarter deficit against the Los Angeles Rams in a 28-20 loss on Dec. 17. Last week, Brissett entered down 27-7 against the New York Jets and guided a 21-0 run only to see Washington lose on a late field goal.

In two games, Brissett completed 78.3% of his passes for 224 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions. He wasn't sacked. He's the ninth starting quarterback in Rivera's four seasons.

Rivera did not commit to also starting Brissett in the season finale against the Dallas Cowboys, but said, "Jacoby has proven he's a very viable player in this league. Having him around has been excellent for Sam. He stood by Sam and helped Sam out a lot. This is another way for him to help Sam continue his growth."

For the season, Howell has thrown 19 touchdown passes but also an NFL-high 17 interceptions. He ranks 11th in total passing yards with 3,624.

From Weeks 4-10, Howell threw 14 touchdown passes to four interceptions. He led the NFL during that stretch with 2,112 passing yards (having thrown 50 more passes than any other quarterback). Howell also tied the Buffalo Bills' Josh Allen and Cowboys' Dak Prescott for most touchdown passes in those seven games.

But in the last five games Howell has thrown eight interceptions and only two touchdowns.

Howell has been sacked an NFL-high 60 times, with 40 coming in the first seven games combined.

"This is about Sam's continued development," Rivera said. "Things haven't gone as well as we would have liked the last few weeks. It's an opportunity for him to watch. With Jacoby being the professional he is and playing the way he has will really give Sam an opportunity to see some things and see how the offense goes. It will help him."

Rivera informed the quarterbacks of his decision before practice Wednesday. He also said he spoke with owner Josh Harris, letting him know of the switch.

Rivera said last offseason that Howell would get the first shot to win the starting job. Washington drafted him in the fifth round in 2022, though the team projected him to be drafted in either the second or third round. One source said at the time Washington would have drafted him higher had it not already traded for quarterback Carson Wentz.

Howell was also playing on a rookie contract, an appealing aspect to a team still trying to build. He still has two years remaining on his rookie deal.

"He's had some pretty good opportunities and some pretty good moments and moments where he's learned a lot and moments where he's taken some lumps," Rivera said. "He's a resilient player, a solid young man who has a bright future in this league. He's a guy who can play quarterback in the NFL and do it at a high level."

• Thanks 1

It would be hilarious if Russ filed a grievance with the union.  Honestly I wouldn’t blame him.  The trade sucked and he was one of the worst QBs in football last year and in the first month this year.  But that doesn’t mean he’s not getting screwed in this instance.  Multiple things can be true.

Probably goes without saying that the union frowns upon teams deliberately curbing playing time to avoid bonuses or incentives.  Teams who do this have to cite other reasons.

Undoubtedly the Broncos’ official communications will all be “we’re 1-3 in our last 4, may as well try to shake it up” while ignoring that Russ has quietly been playing well for over a month now and these losses are mostly due to the defense being ass.

Oh and they’re still mathematically alive for the playoffs, even though the Pats loss made those chances far more slim.  So the Broncos would have to sit in front of an arbiter and explain why Stidham is a better play than Russ while avoiding bringing up the aspect of money, which everyone and their brother knows is the real reason they’re doing this.

Russ and Payton don’t seem to get along anyway so that would make it a more entertaining trainwreck.  Come on Russ, file that grievance!

• Like 3