XBL Gamertags & Discussion

Numbahs

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was 5 years old and on vactaion in Branson Missouri with my parents. My dad ended up getting robbed and then the car broke down. a nice family pulled up along side of us and asked what the problem was and soon after we were at their house. that night i played some baseball game on the atari with their youngest son.

really been hooked ever since

My dad brought home a NES one day with Super Mario Bros. and we played it together for a while yet I didn't care for it that much. Weird I know, but it's true. I then played Super Mario World on SNES and was hooked, getting a SNES that year for Christmas. It snowballed from there.

I was about 4, and my mum and Dad had just split up (it wasnt a bad split so no, this isnt a sob story). Me and mother moved into a london flat in November sometime and it was absolutely fucking bare, that christmas my Dad bought me a master system with a copy of Alex the Kidd built in, and the original Sonic (!!!!). The best picture I own in the world is me sitting down on a bare wooden floor with plaster white walls and no other decoration but a small sofa with holes in, playing Alex the Kidd in the corner of the room.

Good times.

The earliest that I remember is getting a Super Nintendo for Christmas one year, for some reason 1993 sets in my mind. Anyways, I don't even know if I asked for it or not but I got it and I remember Super Mario All-Stars and Super Mario World and from there on out I bought and rented, moved onto the Nintendo 64 to the Gameboy Colour to the Playstation to the Gamecube to the Playstation 2 to the X-Box to the PSP.

I don't have any memories of this, but when I was 6 months or so my parents took me to a party at a friend of their's and they had a brand new NES. Well while they grownup people mingled I apparently wandered over to it and started playing around with the controller.

They turned the system on and I was apparently enchanted by Super Mario Brothers. Even made it to the second level apparently after two hours of random button pressing.

Some time shortly later my father bought one (after they got rid of ROB but before they had to change the light gun colour). And I suppose I've been playing since. It did help that I was quite more advanced than other babies (I could talk and walk well before I should have... much to my parents chagrin).

Some of my favourite memories were being a little kid playing games. Even games I could never get the hang of like Castlevania 2, Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior because I couldn't read were still fun.

I suppose my interest really exploded when I got a Super NES and Genesis (Megadrive). I favoured the SNES and my all time favourite games were on it. I played the hell out of those machines though. Also helped that I started making more friends interested in games at school and they came over.

I don't really know about games anymore though. I go in phases. Around '95/'96 I lost interest with the SNES and Genesis dying out. I got a N64 shortly after it came out but only had Wave Race for the longest time and no quality games were available to rent for quite some time.

Got a Playstation when Final Fantasy 7 came out, but it's use was limited beyond RPGs. I can barely remember playing any other games except for the "classics" like Metal Gear Solid, Twisted Metal, etc on off chance rentals.

I got a Dreamcast about a week before Sega decided to call it quits (that sucked shit... get a new system and it's pretty much done in out of the box). Aside from the Sonic games and Skies of Arcadia which I owned, I didn't get a chance to play anything else for it.

My Playstation 2 got the initial treatment of Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid 2, Vice City and eventually Kingdom Hearts. I didn't really play it much beyond that. In the last year I had a kind of resurgence in playing it but I've quickly grown bored. I have a handful of games for it that I haven't played and no desire to even touch it.

Earlier this year I got a Gamecube with my girlfriend along with a Gameboy Advance. Had a blast with the initial games such as Smash Brothers, Future Perfect and a couple other games but it's boring too. I'm playing through Wind Waker and am bored (not because it's a bad game though), same as I forced myself through Mario Sunshine. And a few other games too... I just look at it sitting there.

The Gameboy was more for her on her trips to work since it takes her almost an hour to get there. We got a few games for it but they too are boring to me anymore.

We just picked up a DS and I have to say I'm having some fun from it. Only have Mario Kart and Animal Crossing (addictive as fuck) but they're growing tiresome and cash is not that free to come by anymore. Damn bills.

The future looks bleak too. I have no interest whatsoever in any way shape or form in either the Xbox or the Xbox 360 (but the Xbox is the only thing my friends swear by). The PS3 looks just as bland as the previous two incarnations and no real info is available on the Revolution.

I miss the good old days. When I could try shooting those damn ducks, miss, have a stupid dog laugh at me and have the funnest of times. I still find the old games more fun. I'd rather start up Mario World than touch Mario 64 or Sunshine. Same with anything else. Pacman is still awesome. So my first experiences are also the best I've had.

I suppose I lose interest in consoles after I play the initial crop of games, and when my social life picks up. Which is probably why i didn't play many games if any throughout high school.

Blah.. I shall stop rambling.

I play PDZ and just got Madden 06..I wanna play a bit more of that befor eI go online with it. I go by Lint6

I think it dates back to the first year we had lived in our second home (I'm in my third now). It was 1988/1989, so I was 3 or 4 at the time. I remember playing missile command with my brother, thinking it was the coolest thing I had ever seen. Unfortunately my memory of Atari is quite vague, but I do remember when my brother first got the NES in 1990 I believe. It was a hell of a good time watching him play Mario Brothers and Tecmo Bowl.

Heh, I remember my brother and dad playing Tecmo Bowl one time, and my dad finally was about to beat my brother. Suddenly my mom unplugged a chord in the laundry room, the wrong chord unfortunately as the NES shutdown much to my dads chagrin. Probably not related to that incident, but that is my only memory of my dad playing video games, though he does like watching the latest World War 2 games my brother has brought over.

I think my favorite memory of Christmas and video games was when my brother first got his Sega Genesis. I remember him getting Joe Montana's NFL Sportstalk Football. I hated playing that game because I sucked at it (I was always a Tecmo Superbowl fan), but I'll be damned if I didn't enjoy watching him play through his season. I always had a fondness for watching my brother play his sports video games for some reason, mostly when I was younger.

ahh..was wondering who the hell xbeantownx was...I accepted but had no clue who you were

I honestly don't remember when/where i got into video games. I had a nintendo before my earliest memory. My earliest concrete memory is of being at a department store called "Service Merchandise." They kept all the big/expensive merchandise on the second floor, and it came down to the first on a conveyor belt behind the customer service desk, and I remember seeing the gold box of Legend of Zelda slowly descending on the belt.

I played through Zelda again a few years ago on an emulator. It was scary how much I remembered. "Ok... I'm supposed to put a bomb on this inconspicuous tile, but I don't remember what's behind it." "If I burn down this bush in 2 rows of 8... something good happens."

Playing my uncle's sega back when I was about 3 or 4. That was really my start in interest, I played that every chance I got when I was around my uncle (he lived with us for awhile after an operation when I was young so I think I got to play some then) and then I got a Gameboy when I was 4 or 5 and then I played that all the time and it was really sparking.

Then I got a computer and it continued, moved on with an N64 maybe a year or two later and then more computer stuff and then I got PS2 a few years a go, maybe three? Can't remember.

Once again, the Sega Mega Drive. Got it for Xmas from one of my mums friends when I was 6 (truth is they never played it and didn't want it anymore). Good old Sonic the Hedgehog and erm...Shinobi. Never really was good at Shinobi at the time, nor was it meant for my age range however I did get a lot of joy from my trusty Sega. My next birthday after that I got the MMPR Movie game, as was the fad at the time. Gotta say, occasionally I still do get the urge to play it lol. In fact I love all the old Mega Drive classics more than I do some of the new games. BRING BACK RETRO COME ON!

I show my age when I say the earliest games I remember enjoying were Pong, Breakout and, best of all, Asteroids, which was shaped like a table with the screen as the table top. Fantastic.

Then we head into Manic Miner, loads of footy management games on the Spectrum with my cousins, footy manager games on my Amstrad as well as Snowstrike, the best flying game ever! (and about cocaine gangs which seemed so naughty to play when I was eight and yet my parents had no problem with it).

I remember my friend having an old Atari you plugged into the tv and the footy game was basically three squares that moved around the pitch together against another three squares.

You young whippersnappers don't know how good you've got it!

I played Super Mario Bros. on my cousin's NES, and it blew my mind. I soon begged for my own NES for Christmas, and the rest is history.

I miss the feeling I used to get from video games. I'm not even sure how to describe it... I just know I haven't woken up early to play games in a lonnng time. I used to get up at like 6, so I could play Final Fantasy III for a few hours before school.