The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Then take it out of your avatar?

XBOX! SEND ME MY FUCKING E-MAIL!

edit: Went on the site to the repair side, and it says they can't repair my console at this time?

edit 2.0: Could I buy a new Xbox, switch them out and return it, telling them "Hey...it red ringed out of the box. I want my money back." ? I should ask my roommate :shifty:

My friend just did that. Everyone wants to screw the Wal-Mart

It was on its way out anyway, just need to decide which of my favourite sports teams' logo I want there instead :shifty:

Cowboys of course.

XBOX! SEND ME MY FUCKING E-MAIL!

edit: Went on the site to the repair side, and it says they can't repair my console at this time?

edit 2.0: Could I buy a new Xbox, switch them out and return it, telling them "Hey...it red ringed out of the box. I want my money back." ? I should ask my roommate :shifty:

My friend just did that. Everyone wants to screw the Wal-Mart

Oh shit, you're right. Wal-Mart is full of morons! They'd never know! ....this is so very tempting.

My friend did something of the sort with a controller... another one of our friends ruined his 360 controller and was a skeezebag about it and only offered to pay for half. So my friend decided to buy a new controller, and then return the broken one which looked fine but was just shorted out with water to get his full money back.

Won't they be able to tell the serial numbers are different?

They're Wal-Mart. :shifty:

Yeah, I have a friend who pulled this off with a 36 inch LCD HDTV after he put a Wii remote through said TV. Bought the exact same TV, put the cracked one in the box and returned it no questions asked. It's Wal-Mart, they're not paid to give a fuck.

Edited by Zero

....ok, I got my label, and I found a box. I'm going to do the nice thing and just send them my brick.

Is there anything else I shoudl know? I got the label taped to the box, all I have to do now is put the ref. number on both the box and the system...yes?

I asked "Don't you send a box?"

"No."

And the reference number is on the label. And so is my return address, but I got another e-mail saying to print my return address on it?

If you were sent an electronic mailing label

· You should receive a separate e-mail notification with instructions for printing the label. Follow the instructions below to ship your console to us using the electronic label.

· If you have not received your electronic label in your e-mail after 24 hours, please check your "junk mail" or "spam" folders in your email application. If the shipping label email is not present, please contact Xbox Support to verify your email address, or request an alternative shipping label.

· Use a sturdy package that is well padded to help protect the contents during the shipping process. The service centre will return the repaired or replaced components to you in our own packaging.

· Write your full return address and the Service Request number on the outside of the package.

An update!

I got in touch with the danish Xbox support offices and was told that I would receive those address labels that I need to send the brick to repair, and then something about calling UBS or UPS or whatever they were called to schedule a time for when they could some and pick my Xbox up for repair. I guess the labels is for when they will return it.

I am a bit unsure about this UPS or UBS thing, has anyone tried that?