The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Out of curiosity, has anybody else checked out The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom?

In case you don't know, it's a basic puzzle platformers with a mechanic wherein you can create a clone of yourself and control them for a bit, then go back to the main character while your clone repeats the action you recorded (say, jumping up and down on a button to open a door). You have to collect a number of pies in each level to advance. What makes the game stand out is the presentation, looking like a silent movie and taking place in a black and white recreation of a 1920s city.

I played the demo today, and while the game mechanic is clever but nothing new, the presentation and style of the game are done amazingly well, and really make the game stand out from many other puzzle platformers out there today. I really really enjoyed the demo, and am definitely going to be downloading the full game very soon.

I'm just curious if anybody else has picked it up, and if so, what they thought of it.

Out of curiosity, has anybody else checked out The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom?

In case you don't know, it's a basic puzzle platformers with a mechanic wherein you can create a clone of yourself and control them for a bit, then go back to the main character while your clone repeats the action you recorded (say, jumping up and down on a button to open a door). You have to collect a number of pies in each level to advance. What makes the game stand out is the presentation, looking like a silent movie and taking place in a black and white recreation of a 1920s city.

I played the demo today, and while the game mechanic is clever but nothing new, the presentation and style of the game are done amazingly well, and really make the game stand out from many other puzzle platformers out there today. I really really enjoyed the demo, and am definitely going to be downloading the full game very soon.

I'm just curious if anybody else has picked it up, and if so, what they thought of it.

I'm definitely considering picking it up; I've heard it described as a black and white Braid. How much truth is there to that? I'd try the trial but I'm without Live for a few days.

I was playing Xbox a few minutes ago and then all of a sudden it switched to a green screen, I turned it off and turned it back on and after a few seconds of no normal response the Ring of Death appeared again. This is the 2nd time this happens (first time it was the one that was reported by Xbox, I sent my console to them and they sent me a new one supposedly fixed, wich is the one I´m currently using). Has anyone else gotten this problem too?

I've had it done twice. So, I'm on my third 360, and I was playing the other day, took a break, and came back on and it took it a while to actually, turn on. No red ring, but it still wasn't normal. But then again, everything I've ever owned that was electronic tends to go on the fritz.