The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

If I can't connect with my Xbox right now can I buy some of the sale stuff on the website?

Late response, but yes you can. Once your purchase through the website you can actually set the Xbox to download the items automatically once the system is turned on. Neat little feature I've used in the past when items go on fire sale.

No Borderlads 2 then?!

Of course Borderlands 2, bought it yesterday and convinced a friend back home to get it.

I figure I'll probably end up getting Psycho pack, Hammerlock, Torgue and Scarlett. Already have Mechromancer and the slaughter dome. Possibly also the upgrade pack, and if not it jsut sounds like one of those EA-type fast track things anyway.

Hell, I may take back Halo 4 and exchange it for Microsoft Fun Dollar Token Points so I can grab the DLC.

Just did this myself. $8 for Halo 4...won't miss it at all. The multiplayer never grabbed me and the Spartan Op episodes are boring IMO.

Really hoping AC3 goes on sale tomorrow, I miss the multiplayer but as I stated in the general thread I couldn't get through the SP.

My Gunzerker is level 40 and has virtually everything done in NG bar the 'hard' boss and maybe one or two side missions, likely the timed quests because they're annoying. Not really made it too far into NG+.

Other characters are like 8, 9, 10 and 12 spread across the other classes so I can jump into early games since I think Dragsy isn't too far in and I assume Maxx hasn't had the game before.

Got the Pirate Booty DLC which I've completed bar another 'hard' boss and maybe one or two other things. Got Torgue that I haven't started so wouldn't mind doing that at some point.

And whilst I'm here, day 3 of GoD sale. http://majornelson.com/2013/07/03/xbox-live-ultimate-game-sale-day-3-2/

Witcher 2 $10/£9

Forza Horizon $15/£12

L4D2 $10/£9

The Orange Box $5/£4.50

Crysis 3 $20/£15

For Forza at least, that's actually a pretty great price compared to retail, for the UK at least. It seems to have held it's value and still goes for £20-25. Pretty cool game if you like that Burnout Paradise, open world racing style but with real cars and not really as OTT as Burnout. Multiplayer isn't as good either but SP is still good.

• Like 1

Hey Midget, cheap L4D. Damn it, now I'm tempted to get that, but I just bought Lego Batman 2 last night.

Hold off on Torgue's Ellis, that's the DLC I most want to play, as a friend of mine does some voice work in it.

Quick question that I hope someone can answer. I bought the Turtles arcade game back in...2010, I believe, and some of my friends have been wanting to buy it so all of us can play it together (4 player games are always my favorite for arcades), but I can't seem to find it anywhere to buy for them. Anyone know if it can even be bought, anymore?

Quick question that I hope someone can answer. I bought the Turtles arcade game back in...2010, I believe, and some of my friends have been wanting to buy it so all of us can play it together (4 player games are always my favorite for arcades), but I can't seem to find it anywhere to buy for them. Anyone know if it can even be bought, anymore?

I think the license for 1989 and Re-Shelled expired so they got delisted. I don't think they got put on any compilation disc releases either so I think you're out of luck. These things sometimes come back very briefly, like I remember the DLC for Marvel Ultimate Alliance came back on sale once for a little while, but it don't think it's happened in the 2 years since it got removed so again, unlikely.

I see lots of talk about it only being removed in the US but I don't see it on the UK store either. So I suppose you might find it if you were to make an account for some obscure country but again, probably not.

Is the orange box worth $5 if I already have Portal?

If you've never played Half Life 2 and it's expansions, sure. It has TF2 on there as well but the less said about that version of TF2 the better.