The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

I've been enjoying the hell out of Halo 5's multiplayer. Warzone is fun for a lark if you don't take it too seriously, SWAT will absolutely improve your aim and it's amazing how fast some people are with headshots in that and Breakout is a friggin' amazing experience if you can get together a team of 4 that talks to each other. Halo is a much more social multiplayer experience than Call of Duty or anything else out there.

On 11/5/2015, 4:11:16, ElTiburon said:

Does anybody still play Titanfall? I've been playing it a lot lately. 

I'll stick it on occasionally to have a little play through on. It's a fun game to kill half hour or so on.

http://majornelson.com/2015/11/09/the-list-of-xbox-one-backward-compatibility-games-is-now-available/?linkId=18611744

Spoilers for length:

Spoiler

A Kingdom for Keflings

A World of Keflings

Alien Hominid HD

Assassin’s Creed II

Asteroids & Deluxe

Banjo Kazooie: N n B

Banjo-Kazooie

Banjo-Tooie

BattleBlock Theater

Bejeweled 2

Bellator: MMA Onslaught

Beyond Good & Evil HD

Blood of the Werewolf

BloodRayne: Betrayal

Borderlands

Call of Juarez Gunslinger

Castle Crashers

Castlestorm

Centipede & Millipede

Condemned

Crazy Taxi

Deadliest Warrior: Legends

Defense Grid

DiRT 3

DiRT Showdown

Discs of Tron

Doom

Doom II

Dungeon Siege III

Earthworm Jim HD

Fable II

Fallout 3

Feeding Frenzy 2

Gears of War

Gears of War 2

Gears of War 3

Gears of War: Judgment

Golden Axe

Halo: Spartan Assault

Hardwood Backgammon

Hardwood Hearts

Hardwood Spades

Heavy Weapon

Hexic HD

Ikaruga

Jetpac Refuelled

Joy Ride Turbo

Just Cause 2

Kameo

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game

LEGO Star Wars: TCS

Lode Runner

LUMINES LIVE!

Mass Effect

Metal Slug 3

Metal Slug XX

Might & Magic Clash of Heroes

Mirror’s Edge

Missile Command

Monday Night Combat

Monkey Island 2: SE

Monkey Island: SE

Ms. Splosion Man

Mutant Blobs Attack

N+

NBA JAM: On Fire Edition

NiGHTS into dreams…

OF: Dragon Rising

Pac-Man C.E.

PAC-MAN CE DX+

Perfect Dark

Perfect Dark Zero

Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds

Pinball FX

Plants vs. Zombies

Prince of Persia

Putty Squad

R-Type Dimensions

Rayman 3 HD

Sacred Citadel

Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.

Sega Vintage Collection: Golden Axe

Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World

Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage

Shadow Complex

Sonic CD

Sonic The Hedgehog

Sonic The Hedgehog 2

Sonic The Hedgehog 3

Super Meat Boy

Supreme Commander 2

The Stick of Truth

Tom Clancy’s RainbowSix Vegas

Tom Clancy’s RainbowSix Vegas2

Torchlight

Toy Soldiers

Toy Soldiers: Cold War

Tron: Evolution

Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon

Viva Piñata

Viva Piñata: TIP

Wolfenstein 3D

Zuma

Our launch of 104 titles on Nov. 12 is just the beginning. You can expect new Xbox One Backward Compatible games to be announced on a regular basis, starting in December. More titles are on the way, including fan favorites like Halo Reach, Halo Wars, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite and Skate 3. Stay tuned because this just the beginning of a long list of Xbox 360 games that will run on Xbox One.

First full list of backwards compatible games on the One is out and I'm pretty happy with it, mostly because I bought Stick of Truth recently pretty cheap hoping it would show up on here and it did!

Also, as I had hoped during a conversation I had with Kaney the other day: Ms Splosion Man. Dragsy, Kaney....Splodey Lads! No L4D's though, shame. Will keep my eye out for a copy of Lego Star Wars: TCS but those things are normally pretty expensive and this might only make matters worse.

Also also, I got an external hard drive so now I need to start leaving my Xbox on overnight to start downloading some of the bigger games I have but haven't installed like Ryse, AC IV, Tomb Raider etc.

On the 'My Games & apps' section, all the way to the right there's a 'Ready to install' list. On Friday when this actually launches properly, any digital titles you might have will show up on there and you can download them. Disc ones you have to put in the system, download a copy and then put the disc in anytime you want to play just to prove you own it.

Just looking now, I think I traded in my Mirrors Edge towards my One. It's like £6 now in CEX, pretty sure I bought it for like £2 brand new. <_< Hopefully EA do something with Access and backwards compatibility by putting Mirrors Edge on for a start, then maybe other stuff like Dead Space, Skate, Mass Effect etc etc.

• Like 1

So next week I'll be getting a One, and while I've got a few games on my list for it (Forza 6, RB4, Fallout 4). What else is worth getting, either exclusives or just vastly superior to PS4 type games?

Am I the only one who hates the new UI/navigation with the latest update? The old one with the side scrolling tiles was way better. This one is almost too minimalistic. Took me 20 minutes to figure out that the hasbro game pack I bought required me to push the start\menu key from the home screen if I wanted to play anything other than monopoly

1 hour ago, Tove iDOL said:

Am I the only one who hates the new UI/navigation with the latest update? The old onE with the side scrolling tiles was way better. This one is almost too minimalistic. Took me 20 minutes to figure out that the has to game pack I bought required me to push the start\menu key from the home screen if I wanted to play anything other than monopoly

I don't much care for it either. Although I'm going to chalk it up to me needing to learn my way around at this point. 

On 11/12/2015, 6:47:05, zero said:

Sunset Overdrive. Sunset Overdrive. Sunset Overdrive. Sunset Overdrive. Sunset Overdrive. 

So, I guess Sunset Overdrive is worth playing...

• 3 weeks later...