The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I like to play Left 4 Dead 2 together, and it being backward compatible was super nice. Except now, the Xbox One is requiring that both of us log in to accounts to play (I can't just have her sign in as a guest anymore for some reason)... and no matter how many times we delete her profile and have her sign back in, it won't allow us to sign her in. It signs her in, and then when we boot it up and try to go to the proper screen in L4D, it tells us that her full account wasn't downloaded properly and that we need to do it again.

Is there any way to bypass this, or should I just give up on playing Left 4 Dead anymore? Would this have something to do with my Gold lapsing and me deciding not to renew it?

1 hour ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

Can anyone break down the S for me? Walmart has a good deal on it right now and we could put the old one in my daughter's room. Just trying to figure out if it's worth it

It's 40% smaller in size, the power brick is located inside of the machine and it has 4K pass-through.

Let's put it this way, someone from Microsoft came right out and said that if you don't own a 4k TV, the Slim isn't worth your money unless you don't already have an Xbox One.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hate when the games that come with the system aren't physical. They were doing a great trade in thing here for the XB1S and for some odd reason the 1TB model was the same price as the 500GB model so I grabbed that. The Halo MCC copy is digital (of course) and nearly impossible to trade/sell to anyone. Bah.

Games with Gold this month has Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings Oct 1st-Oct 31st, and The Escapists from Oct 16th - Nov 15th for Xbox One, and MX Vs ATV Reflex from Oct 1st-Oct 15th, and I Am Alive Oct 16th-Oct 31st for the 360.

I played the trial of Super Mega Baseball and really enjoyed it, and The Escapists has always looked fun, so I'm happy with those games. The 360 games are give or take.

They know what they're doing. The game is constantly throwing new things your way - at the end of every event you get money, XP and fans and then you've unlocked something else, now you have more skill points, you've unlocked a spin of the roulette wheel, you've opened up a new section of events, it's time to go back and upgrade your festival to get even more options for races. And with all of that it doesn't feel pushy either. It's up to you to see the waypoints and when you log back in the driver navigation will say something like "we haven't checked out ___ yet, would you like me to set a waypoint now" and you can just ignore it or get on with it.

Had a lot of fun with it tonight and playing with the girlfriend. Everything she asked about it 'are there cops?' and 'do I have to go somewhere to get my car fixed?' was pretty much answered by me realizing that no, you didn't have to do any of that stuff because the devs realized that it just wouldn't be all that fun. It's a big sandbox and you play around in it however you want.

• Like 1