The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Moving Out is on Game Pass, which I don't think was previously announced. It's a bit like Overcooked, only with moving vans. From what I've read, it's a bit easier than Overcooked, which means that it's probably more accessible to families. I've also had a brief listen to the soundtrack, and it's really good.

It's pretty top notch, played it the last two nights. It's pretty easy to play through if you just want to beat it - but the challenges within are going to make it hard to do 100% if you want to get more out of the game.

It's pretty funny too, big fan of the whole vibe of the game.

For anyone who didn't know, there will be a showcase of gameplay from some third-party Series X games on Thursday. After that, there will be a broadcast every month with information about the console and its games. July will be the month in which the first-party games are shown in more detail.

I'll be watching. I guess this is, in a way, the start of what replaces E3 this year. Part of me wants to make a thread for these livestreams but there's no coherent schedule as of yet for this stuff so probably not worth it.

31 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I'll be watching. I guess this is, in a way, the start of what replaces E3 this year. Part of me wants to make a thread for these livestreams but there's no coherent schedule as of yet for this stuff so probably not worth it.

I made the right call not starting a thread for this.

This has been OK, although it does seem as though it's more of a taster for things to come. The definition of "gameplay trailers" has been stretched rather significantly.

I think the best takeaway is that a lot of third-party publishers are embracing the Smart Delivery scheme, which is a good incentive for people to upgrade to the Series X when they're ready.

Considering it was meant to be a gameplay showcase there wasn't much actual gameplay shown. 

12 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I really hope Sony follow suit with some of these "purchase once" games.

They'd be stupid not to do that or at the bare minimum have cross play from PS4. There's a lot of big games coming out soon

Think the game that intrigued me the most from the showcase then was Vampire Masquerades 2 but I had my interest piqued by that from a while back anyway. Scorn looks interesting but at the same time haven't got a clue what it's about 

I just think these annual titles are being released for "old gen" less than a few months before the new console drops. Expecting people to pay twice is a bit much. 

I'm kind of expecting the likes of TLoU2 and FIFA to be in a PS5 release bundle and that's not really going to benefit a massive amount of people.

1 minute ago, Your Mom said:

So my copy of Mass Effect 2 will still work in the new system right?

In all likelihood, yes, because the Series X is supposed to play everything the Xbox One can, Kinect-only games aside. However, it probably won't be an enhanced version.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It was seven years ago today that the Xbox One was officially revealed. So much has changed for the Xbox brand since then, and yet Halo, Gears and Forza are still its biggest franchises. Suffice to say that there's more hope now of new properties than there was back then.