What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

On 06/04/2017 at 23:43, Jericode said:

Catching up on Line of Duty since Season 4 started and I only ever got halfway through Season 2. Season 2 is getting very good towards the end, and I've just found all of Season 3 is on iPlayer, result!

Further to this, Season 4 is fucking intense. Holy shit, the end of episode 1 was amazing.

Just got back from Fate of the Furious. Dropping no spoilers except to say that it was excellent (still like 7 just a hair more), Jason Statham actually had some comedic moments in it, and there's no cut scene during or after the end credits.

They showed trailers for Baby Driver, Transformers 5, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, Valerian, Detroit, Atomic Blonde and The Mummy. They ALL looked good, but the only reason I'll end up seeing Transformers 5 is because of Heidi being a Mark Wahlberg fan and her son is a major Transformers fan. They also showed a trailer for Baywatch, but due to it including gross out humor, I'm iffy on that one. Its the definite `wait for Netflix' out of the bunch, tho that's probably how I'll see Detroit and Atomic Blonde, as well.

Edited by GhostMachine

• 2 weeks later...

Rewatching Twin Peaks before a screening of Fire Walk with Me on Friday. The first 14 episodes or so apart from the series 2 opener are near perfect; the rest I've never witnessed a TV show fall off a cliff so quickly. 

• Like 3

Started watching The Blacklist today. I was looking for something a bit White Collar-y and this seemed to fit the bill. Much less comedic side to it but James Spader has good moments. Only nearing the halfway point of season one. So far I like it. It has that one underlying story throughout as each episode is a different case.

On 01/05/2017 at 16:53, Jimmy said:

Will be doing the same before the new series in May. I think it really picks back up again in the last few episodes, but yeah, the drop off is insane. 

It does. Not enough, and the finale - while beautifully made - reeks of 'please don't cancel us' desperation, but

Spoiler

Every non-Windom Earle story just had no momentum to it. James' stitch-up storyline was bloody awful; just like James himself. Audrey winds up in the background arseing about with Billy Zane for some reason, while Donna bounces back and forth until the somewhat needless Ben Horne revelation.

On 5/4/2017 at 00:34, Rocky said:

Started watching The Blacklist today. I was looking for something a bit White Collar-y and this seemed to fit the bill. Much less comedic side to it but James Spader has good moments. Only nearing the halfway point of season one. So far I like it. It has that one underlying story throughout as each episode is a different case.

I love the Blacklist. Defiantly one of the better TV shows around today. It takes a while for the main storyline to all come together, but it's amazing once it does.

Currently watching the first X-Men movie. Seeing Wolverine's hair done up in the comic book style is hilarious. I don't remember how it looks in the other movies, but made me laugh during this one.  

The Blacklist is excellent. But last season (Season 3) kind of dragged. The main story arc went on about two or three episodes too long. So far, season four has been great.

3 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

The Blacklist is excellent. But last season (Season 3) kind of dragged. The main story arc went on about two or three episodes too long. So far, season four has been great.

I'm 2 episodes shy of finishing the first season. I've really enjoyed it thus far and have had to try pace myself so I'm not getting burned out on it.

He's popular enough based on the stinger from the first one so not surprised he was in it quite a bit and he's selling merch so guess "job done" there. I think they tried to use him mainly to balance out the heavier scenes but he was overused for a character who overall wasn't MUCH use for the main plot.

First two episodes of American Gods are amazing. Probably somewhat alienating to anyone who hasn't read the book, but surprisingly well done, and astonishingly well shot and directed. Only criticisms I can think of - aside from possibly relying a little on prior knowledge - are that it's perhaps a little too gratuitous in places for my taste, and it bloody loves an extreme close-up. Initially it presents some cool imagery, but we don't need it every time someone uses a key.

I've never read the books but I didn't feel all that alienated by the first episode. I feel like the cover what's happening well enough for the introduction, it'll just be a shame if it never expands on who those characters are later down the line.

• Like 1

I've ignored this thread lately, but I've got a couple of recent movies I've watched to add:

Get Out. Not something I'd normally go see at the theater, but one of Heidi's friends asked us to go and paid for the tickets at a second run theater a couple of days ago. That movie is all sorts of fucked up, but in a good way. I heard the lead actor won the break out star award or whatever its called at the MTV Movie Awards, and he definitely deserved it. 

Watched  A Dog's Purpose last night (went to a friend's and watched it on pay per view), and if you've ever had a dog and that movie doesn't make you cry or at least tear up a couple of times, you're not human.

*May* be getting dragged to see Beauty & The Beast sometime within the next week. I hope not. (Love the animated movie, and am not too keen on a live action version despite liking most of the cast.)

Edited by GhostMachine