MMA News and Discussion Thread

Smart picking goes to Kenny Florian based on the level of opponents he's faced, and the fact that he's arguably the next in line for BJ Penn at 155.

My gut feeling though, is that Huerta wants this worse than anyone really figures, and he's going to come out all guns blazing looking to not only beat, but embarrass Kenflo, and put Dana White in a position where he either has to give in to Huerta's demands, or lose one of the hottest young stars in the business to Affliction, who WILL pay him what he wants.

Lesnar getting subbed by Mir is kind of irrelevant though, considering Mir has the best jiu-jitsu in the heavyweight division aside from Big Nog. Herring has nowhere near the submission acumen that Frank Mir has. My main reason for picking Lesnar in this fight is Heath Herring's fight against Jake O'Brien. O'Brien took Herring down, and kept him there EASILY. Lesnar is a far more explosive, and powerful wrestler than O'Brien could ever even hope to be. I think Herring's one advantage would be if Lesnar for some reason chooses to stand and trade with him, which I can't imagine Lesnar would even really want to consider aside from maybe the first minute. As for Florian/Huerta, I think this is an easier fight than most people think. I think Florian handles Huerta pretty easily.

Herring got his shit ended is what happened.

Brock is also acting totally classless. <_<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9cWn7XFcmM

Just look at that!
Edited by King eLLis

What happened?

I'm assuming you're talking about the Brock bout. He completely dominated. Cut Heath up with the first punch then just took him down all three rounds. Ground and pound. Just complete domination. Won by Unanimous Decision 30-26

Yeah, that was what I was talking about.

I wish Brock would have tried to finish him instead of trying to pound him on the ground.

MPH, I wasn't sure what was happening on PPV, but I was watching a delayed stream.

Oh yeah, Ellis, I completely agree. The mocking with seconds left was shitty on his part. Finish him then do that.

Edited by Gene Kiniski

What a fun show. Probably the best MMA show I've seen all year. Every match I enjoyed and cared about, something rare for UFC these days. My predictions...eh. Could've been better. God damn prelim guys I've never heard of <_<