The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Matzat is just implying that people actually read his posts.

To quote yourself.

Bull. Shit.

Well, you obviusly must have read em. Stalker...

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a1QCBF3h_tM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Like 1

In other news, sony just anounced the idenety protection program and it´s FREE for the first 12 month, fuck you sony.

http://blog.eu.plays...tion-programme/

Matz.

If you really hate Sony.

If you really hate what they do.

If you can't stop whining like a two year old who can't have something.

Sell your PlayStation.

Just sell it, and shut the fuck up bitching about EVERY tiny little thing.

• Like 12

In other news, sony just anounced the idenety protection program and it´s FREE for the first 12 month, fuck you sony.

http://blog.eu.plays...tion-programme/

Matz.

If you really hate Sony.

If you really hate what they do.

If you can't stop whining like a two year old who can't have something.

Sell your PlayStation.

Just sell it, and shut the fuck up bitching about EVERY tiny little thing.

Are we realy back to this "you only say negative things" crap? Realy? Prittymuch proves that you are only looking for things to complain about me while ignoring all the positive things i post.

What you are is a a very stupid blindly following person. If all your data is stolen and you are not expecting a new credit card, a new house adress and plan on switching your e-mail and informing everybody important that you have switched it within the next 12 month you clearly should be upset by Sony losing your Data and only offering you protection for that timeframe.

But yes, sony is always right. Don´t ever question them or any of their actions.

Curious how much it'll cost after the 12 months are up.

As always the amount of money you insure yourself for is important. The cheap ones seem to start at about 50€ a year to cover up to 10000€ costs for lawjers, the time you miss at work and so on. A certain amount of credid card replacements free of charge if needed, and if all your bank acounts get blocked they pay you a certain amount of money so you can pay your rent and life expenses.

Usualy there also is a system involved that monitors the internet if your data is soled anywere and someone to talk talk to if you get in trubbel.

At least thats what i managed to gather today. With the amount of Data that was lost you can expect that some will actualy need this.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Exactly, some will actually need this. Not everybody. What Sony is doing is being proactive and covering everyone rather than waiting for the people effected to contact them and prove that their accounts have been wiped clean due to the breach. It's a positive step.

I don't think the hackers or people the info may be sold on to will sit on it for 12 months. If they do people will have likely changed credit cards due to the breach. Quite a few will have changed personal details (I know I won't be living at this address in 12 months time).

Beyond that I assume that this protection is linked to your name and personal details rather than just effecting your PSN account. As such you are protected against fraud from any means for 12 months.

I'm not saying Sony are faultless or that they don't have a case to answer. From some reports it seems as if they saw an intruder in the back garden and left their house with the back door open and all of our details on the kitchen table and didn't call the police until 3 days after someone broke in and took all of the info. If that's the case they are arseholes. But this is a positive pro-active step in making things right.

If they offered this protection for three years you could moan about what happens after then. If it was ten you could moan about the eleventh year. They can't protect every single person for ever and eventually it will have to become reactive measures, i.e. your bank gets wiped so you contact Sony/the bank and you need to wait until it gets traced back to Sony's fuck up. It's unfortunate but at some point this has to happen. My guess is that Sony will be forced to have X amount of money placed into a kitty to cover such future events.

So please stop bitching. I don't think one person here is happy that their data was potentially stolen and will be used to defraud them. But there comes a point where you need to accept that it happened and move forward. Either by removing yourself from PSN completely, by swearing off Sony and their products, or by believing that Sony are actually being okay about it and providing measures to make up for the outage by giving stuff to us for free and protecting us all for a year. The decision is entirely yours, but once you decide you really need to move forward. It's fine to realise that online security isn't all it's cracked up to be and become weary in the future but that's your personal learning. Stressing about something that has been and gone and is out of your control isn't good for you, nor is it helpful.

Edited by QuomQuat
  • Like 3

From what i read in varius newspaper articles waiting is exactly what these people do. (asides from the obvius mail/e-mail spam).

But that dossent realy matter. I just feel sony should cover every case of identety theft that happens to a PSN users whos data has been stolen - if they can´t proof it was not their fault. I think Sony cleaning up after themselfs will just end once you sign a contract with that company. I´ll read the terms very carefully before i sign anything.

Erm... Why is Matzat ferreting on about losing the games after 30 days? That has not been said anywhere other than him bitching about :huh:

I was making fun of him because i posted this...

I don´t know about the other sony blogs, but the german one is full of mentaly retarted people. 50'% of them don´t seem to get that the games are free to keep and not part of PS+.

...on the same page, like ten postings or something before he asked. Funnybot is still entertained by this.