The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

18 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Playstation Plus for July contains considerably more Jason:

No interest in any of that :/

If you have a Vita though, you should play Zero Escape

I'll take back my initial comments on The Crew 2 as driving around is still fun due to the incredible amount of effort in the USA map.

My issue is that I loved the first game, more so than anyone has any right to because the story was poor and the upgrade system incredibly monotonous, but it was that sort of completely mad grinding that I loved. Having the hundreds of skill challenges around the map to do is the sort of thing I enjoy, and the addition of the Summit (where you were rewarded for putting the effort in to levelling up every car possible in case it appeared as a required vehicle) just put the icing on the cake.

Now it's far more formulaic to the Need For Speeds of the world and driving around the world is less fun without the random skill challenge popping up every so often (I drove 28 game miles last night and encountered 1 challenge). Basic things like the GPS are broken (it often assumes you're flying and just shows a straight line to your destination, regardless if it involves driving across a lake to take that route), and as for planes... ugh.

Jesus PS4 controllers cost quite a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

So Nathan Fillion starred in a fan made Uncharted short

• Like 1

On 06/07/2018 at 02:07, =BK= said:

Jesus PS4 controllers cost quite a bit.

I know. Mine kept not keeping a charge but everytime I'd go to buy one, I'd remember how much they cost. I'd just say "fuck it" and refuse.

I recently found one on sale at Best Buy for $40 and gave in. 

3 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

I know. Mine kept not keeping a charge but everytime I'd go to buy one, I'd remember how much they cost. I'd just say "fuck it" and refuse.

I recently found one on sale at Best Buy for $40 and gave in. 

I bought this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MCRTVCT/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I actually had to open it up and put the internal trigger button in the right place myself but it actually works well after that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, =BK= said:

I bought this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MCRTVCT/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I actually had to open it up and put the internal trigger button in the right place myself but it actually works well after that.

Yeah, that's fair. For as expensive as they are, I find the PS4 controllers to actually be fairly durable and last quite a while. The rubber is usually the first thing to go but it's usually fine. 

10 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Yeah, that's fair. For as expensive as they are, I find the PS4 controllers to actually be fairly durable and last quite a while. The rubber is usually the first thing to go but it's usually fine. 

My problem with my old PS4 controller was all on me forgetting I'd have it plugged up and have it snatched from my hand by the little cord and hit the ground when I'd go to grab it.