The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

11 hours ago, Ruki said:

How are you done already!?

I've done the first opening chapter, and then the first two for Kara and Marcus (is that his name?). But so far, really enjoying it! I think I want to do a second playthrough where I make all the wrong choices and get EVERYONE killed. Because fuck humans.

BUT THE ANDROIDS TOOK OUR JOBS!!!!! :shifty:

So I've just joined the PS4 world and completed Heavy Rain over the weekend. What a great game, I know it's been remastered but for an 8-year old game it stacks up really well. 

My question is this; I picked up Detroit immediately (got Heavy Rain packaged in) as I had heard a lot about, but should I go straight into that or get Beyond: Two Souls first? Again, heard a lot of great things about this as well.

4 minutes ago, TMM said:

So I've just joined the PS4 world and completed Heavy Rain over the weekend. What a great game, I know it's been remastered but for an 8-year old game it stacks up really well. 

My question is this; I picked up Detroit immediately (got Heavy Rain packaged in) as I had heard a lot about, but should I go straight into that or get Beyond: Two Souls first? Again, heard a lot of great things about this as well.

If you have PS+, Beyond Two Souls is free for like a couple more days. Download it as soon as you can. 

10 minutes ago, Meacon said:

If you have PS+, Beyond Two Souls is free for like a couple more days. Download it as soon as you can. 

Is PS+ like Games With Gold for Xbox in that if you download it it's yours forever (as long as your a member)?

I find it interesting that the Quantic Dream trilogy could be considered stories based on the human condition:

• Mind (Heavy Rain, psychological thriller, the emotions and relationships that make us human)
  • Body (Detroit Become Human, sci-fi thriller, what it is to be human/conscious despite whatever the shell is)
  • Spirit (Beyond: Two Souls, supernatural thriller, what lies beyond and the power of the human spirit to create or destroy)

I wonder if that is intentional.

20 hours ago, Ruki said:

How are you done already!?

I've done the first opening chapter, and then the first two for Kara and Marcus (is that his name?). But so far, really enjoying it! I think I want to do a second playthrough where I make all the wrong choices and get EVERYONE killed. Because fuck humans.

Admittedly, I didn't explore nearly as much in playthrough #1. On my second one, I'm taking more time to check out the environment and hidden people you can interact with.

EDIT: Super/Two Best Friends Play have started an LP on Detroit. They are big-time critics of the Cage games and I can already tell they're trying really hard to dislike Detroit and find fault with it, but it's been positive so far.

Edited by Tyrone

Played a bit more Detroit today. Really liking it!

Conner's stories are a lot of fun. I'm gonna play him as the straight man, doing as he is programmed.

Kara's is heart breaking, and I am going to kill the fuck out of Todd. I robbed the store, and Alice made me feel bad. Ended up staying in the rundown house, because a hotel would be silly.

Marcus? Gonna be full on rebel. Fuck the humans. And especially fuck Leo.

My experience with Kara on playthrough #1 and #2, from the same point/chapter as Ruki.

Spoiler

First go around, I really tried to keep Alice happy to I didn't steal the clothes, but I did steal the fence cutters. I also forgot all about Todd's gun earlier, so I had no chance to rob the store. Ended up staying in the squat house like you.

Second go around, I had picked up Todd's gun earlier so I convinced the cashier that me and Alice needed the money. I was going to stay in the hotel, so I had to go to the laundromat to steal the clothes. Unfortunately, I was unaware of how sensitive the prompts were for stealing the clothes, so the guy suddenly woke up and we had to get out. That left me with 40 stolen bucks that I couldn't use, can't go back to the store to return it because it's risky, never stole the fence cutters so can't go back in the squat and I've got android clothes so no hotel. Ended up staying in the abandoned car and Alice was pissed :(

Edited by Tyrone

3 hours ago, Tyrone said:

My experience with Kara on playthrough #1 and #2, from the same point/chapter as Ruki.

Hide contents

First go around, I really tried to keep Alice happy to I didn't steal the clothes, but I did steal the fence cutters. I also forgot all about Todd's gun earlier, so I had no chance to rob the store. Ended up staying in the squat house like you.

Second go around, I had picked up Todd's gun earlier so I convinced the cashier that me and Alice needed the money. I was going to stay in the hotel, so I had to go to the laundromat to steal the clothes. Unfortunately, I was unaware of how sensitive the prompts were for stealing the clothes, so the guy suddenly woke up and we had to get out. That left me with 40 stolen bucks that I couldn't use, can't go back to the store to return it because it's risky, never stole the fence cutters so can't go back in the squat and I've got android clothes so no hotel. Ended up staying in the abandoned car and Alice was pissed :(

Todd has a gun?!