The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

10 minutes ago, Ruki said:

It's as gooder! I'm on Chapter 4 and it's just introducing the kingdom building + sidequests. I really like it so far!

I'm up to Chapter 6 (Easter holidays FTW) and am really enjoying the world building stuff.

• Like 1

On 02/04/2018 at 23:06, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

Skyrim VR I can play for about 45mins to an hour at most I reckon. It's blurry and Move archery is tricky BUT IT'S SKYRIM IN VR! So it's kinda magical. Even small dungeons are suddenly creepy and draughty and kinda scary.

With the archery, I'm just imaging that Sports Champions or whatever it was called for the Move on PS3. I think you had to mimic pulling each arrow out of a quiver on your back, is it anything like that? Caus I could see that being tedious. 

2 hours ago, King Vitamin Ellis said:

With the archery, I'm just imaging that Sports Champions or whatever it was called for the Move on PS3. I think you had to mimic pulling each arrow out of a quiver on your back, is it anything like that? Caus I could see that being tedious. 

You can play with the PS4 controller but if you choose Move controls then you walk around with the bow in one hand and arrow in the other. You fire it as if you were firing a real bow. You don't need to reach back to reload though, another arrow appears in hand. Aiming is a bitch though but is pretty cool when you hit the target and get a kill.

Jeff Bakalar of CNET/Giant Bomb says it is absolutely the reason to buy a Pro and to avoid any and all spoilers.

Patrick Klepek of Waypoint has a great review that touches on two extremely tiny spoilers.

I'm trying to avoid story spoilers but seek out technological news about it.  Only negative I've found so far is that it causes the Pro "to sound like it's taking off" (Brad Shoemaker, Giant Bomb), but meh, that's what I have surround sound and no close neighbors for.

Is it still the awesome gory hack and slash game mechanics as always? I loved the original trilogy and would be happy to get essentially the same but in different mythos once it goes down in price but i can't imagine what could be so mind blowing about it unless it has changed the core gameplay.

31 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Is it still the awesome gory hack and slash game mechanics as always? I loved the original trilogy and would be happy to get essentially the same but in different mythos once it goes down in price but i can't imagine what could be so mind blowing about it unless it has changed the core gameplay.

Core gameplay has changed quite a bit, yeah. It's been described as 'open' but not 'open world' and I've yet to figure out what that means - but due to story reasons, he has an entirely different weapon and battle is focused on enemies having health/stun bars - when you bring down a stun bar, you can do one of the gory kills.

14 hours ago, Shammy Zayn said:

Core gameplay has changed quite a bit, yeah. It's been described as 'open' but not 'open world' and I've yet to figure out what that means - but due to story reasons, he has an entirely different weapon and battle is focused on enemies having health/stun bars - when you bring down a stun bar, you can do one of the gory kills.

I think 'open' implies that it appears 'open world' but is actually somewhat linear, yet has large enough areas to imply a more open world than is actually the case. 

Is Gran Turismo VR worth it? I'm considering PSVR but I don't want Doom and I think I'd like Gran Turismo, but I've heard a lot of negative things about the game. Not sure if it's worth it to get a bundle with GT VR or just get the VR stuff and pick up the cheaper games instead. 

10 hours ago, Meacon said:

Is Gran Turismo VR worth it? I'm considering PSVR but I don't want Doom and I think I'd like Gran Turismo, but I've heard a lot of negative things about the game. Not sure if it's worth it to get a bundle with GT VR or just get the VR stuff and pick up the cheaper games instead. 

VR Mode in GT Sport is basically a fancy time trial at the moment. Something something technical limitations.

Also, if you're looking to drive on either most of the classic original tracks from the series or Spa/Silverstone (which holds the distinction in my mind of the most dull and generic road course I've ever raced on in a game)/Le Mans/Fuji/Laguna Seca, you're out of luck at the moment.