The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

1 hour ago, Naitch said:

I recently got my TV and PS3 set up in my flat and also accidentally started an Amazon Prime trial yesterday, which I might as well take advantage of. Any recommendations?

The newest game I bought on release was GTAV and the newest game I have at all is Arkham Knight. I enjoy games which focus more on story modes than online play.

The Last of Us. Brilliant game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Naitch said:

I recently got my TV and PS3 set up in my flat and also accidentally started an Amazon Prime trial yesterday, which I might as well take advantage of. Any recommendations?

The newest game I bought on release was GTAV and the newest game I have at all is Arkham Knight. I enjoy games which focus more on story modes than online play.

Wasteland 2.

5 minutes ago, DMo Salah said:

The Last of Us. Brilliant game. 

I actually got it with my slim PS3 when I had to replace my old one and I hated it. I found it so boring that I stopped playing it as soon as I got Arkham City and I've never picked it up since. I've still got it and I only plan on giving it another chance because it seems to be regarded as the best game of the entire generation.

4 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Wasteland 2.

Doesn't seem to be available on PS3.

If you're someone who just wants to rush through a game, get the story and say you've beat it then LoU probably isn't for you. It's what I did the first time and I didn't enjoy it that much but I've played it here and there since, and realized that I need to slow down and enjoy the depth the game has to offer.

10 minutes ago, Forever Forky said:

If you're someone who just wants to rush through a game, get the story and say you've beat it then LoU probably isn't for you. It's what I did the first time and I didn't enjoy it that much but I've played it here and there since, and realized that I need to slow down and enjoy the depth the game has to offer.

My main complaint was that it feels like an interactive movie rather than a game, even more so than LA Noire. I'm hoping that giving it a second chance will soften my opinion but I've already found myself re-playing Just Cause 2 and the incredibly good, albeit not long enough, Force Unleashed II instead.

On 15/03/2018 at 20:55, Naitch said:

That's a good suggestion. A friend of mine was obsessed with it before and just after it came out. I think he enjoyed it a lot so I'll probably give it a go.

If your problems with The Last of Us and LA Noire were about them feeling like an interactive movie rather then a game then Heavy Rain is probably not for you.

Edited by theshadow