The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I'm still trying to figure out if it was worth it.  It's definitely cool.  I got Skyrim VR but haven't tried it out yet.  Been messing around with The Playroom, VR Worlds and the demo disc is came with.  Used it for playing non VR games as well, which basically looks like you're playing on a movie theater sized screen, that's pretty cool.  And 360 videos are wild, especially high quality ones.

Wipeout just got a VR update and everyone is raving about how its the best VR experience currently available, so I'll have to try that.

Skyrim VR I can play for about 45mins to an hour at most I reckon. It's blurry and Move archery is tricky BUT IT'S SKYRIM IN VR! So it's kinda magical. Even small dungeons are suddenly creepy and draughty and kinda scary.

Superhot VR is amazing.

Job Simulator is a load of fun.

Tethered is a really cute and slick strategy game.

Robinson gave me a horrific headache and motion sickness after 10 minutes.

4 minutes ago, Japanicode said:

Do Second Son since you'll have to do it twice for all the trophies anyway

Good point, though this is also true of Horizon since they added NG+ trophies. I know I did love First Light though, so probably the best suggestion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baddar said:

Horizon will take up a LOT of your time, especially if you plan on going through twice. 

Yeah, I really want to start it when I have plenty of time, because I hear it is a lot like Witcher 3 and that took me a good month of playing, so probably going to do the two Telltale games this week, start InFamous, then alternate between Horizon and InFamous in my two weeks off methinks.

I've never been able to do that, alternate between games. I had to force myself to get through mass effect before far cry came out. I don't care about trophies but I'd get stressed out starting two games at the same time :(

11 hours ago, Baddar said:

I guess VR has never really appealed to me, in the same way that the Move and 3D in general hasn't.

Give it a shot if you have the chance to try it out, it's on a different level than either of those.

3 hours ago, 9 to 5 said:

It's much easier to do if the two games are quite different. I would never play through say, two FPS's story modes at the same time. But a FPS and a strategy game? No problem.

This, pretty much. Never ever do two shooting games at the same time, or platform games at the same time etc.

3 hours ago, 9 to 5 said:

It's much easier to do if the two games are quite different. I would never play through say, two FPS's story modes at the same time. But a FPS and a strategy game? No problem.

Agreed. Right now I'm playing Ni no kuni 2 and Far Cry. Very different.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Oh fuck, I forgot NNK2 had dropped. I am so far behind.

It's as gooder! I'm on Chapter 4 and it's just introducing the kingdom building + sidequests. I really like it so far!