The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

On 08/05/2018 at 08:53, Ollie said:

Finished my first playthrough of Nier yesterday and started playthrough 2. Absolutely bonkers game, one of the most satisfying gameplay loops, and the characters (especially the machines) are wonderful.

Looking forward to the second playthrough just so I can start to figure out what the hell was even going on because so far the story is basically indecipherable.

Finished playthrough 2 yesterday. Still bonkers. Still no idea what's going on. Still one of the best games I've played in years.

From all I've heard, the third playthrough is a lot different than the first two, And based on the preview that plays at the end of the second run, I think I'm going to enjoy it a whole bunch.

Can't recommend it enough, it's a very special game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skummy said:

The Angry Birds knock-off free with PS+ this month is an awful, hacky, terrible game, and I can't stop playing it.

I decided against that one, but TrackMania Turbo is a lot of fun.

• Like 1

Fine then Sony, if you won't let me easily buy Cole's Legacy DLC for Infamous Second Son I'll just watch it on YouTube and you won't get my money.

I'm a little wary of David Cage games, but the demo sold me on Detroit. Love the visuals and it seems a lot more... idk "gamey" and less of an interactive movie than Heavy Rain or Beyond Two Souls were.

Edited by Tyrone

4 hours ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

I reaaaaaaally want Detroit but went in to buy it yesterday and it's fifty quid. It's gonna have to join my list of games I'm waiting to drop in price a little like Far Cry and Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

I'm lucky... I pre-ordered it 2 years ago when Amazon was doing a E3 special. I got it for $30 off. Getting it Tuesday

• Like 1

Detroit's pretty great so far

EDIT: First playthrough finished. I liked it... a lot. Kara's story was my favorite, but Markus and Connor were also compelling. The flowchart was a smart idea, it let me know that my choices actually made a difference in the story.

Edited by Tyrone

Considering Heavy Rain was my fave ever game experience (I got it a week early due to Japanese release date when I was there and I posted a lod about it on EWB as I played) and Beyond... threw up a number of amazing and emotional moments this is definitely a case of when rather than if.

I've hit about the 50-60% way point of God of War I think...just finished 'The Sickness'

I love that the first thing he asks when he finds out he's a god is "Can I turn into an animal?"

Also...only killed one god so far...and not even a big name one!

Loving the game though. The writing is fantastic, the relationship between Kratos and Atreus is very well done. I really hope they do more!

17 hours ago, Tyrone said:

Detroit's pretty great so far

I've been reading it was disappointing.  One review I read said she got the best ending after a little less then 10 hours of gameplay.  That kinda lets me down.  I plawyed Heavy Rain for longer then 10 hours.  Can't remember how long I was into Indigo Child, and I never played Beyond: Two Souls.  I also know Until Dawn, a similar game from a different company, lasted me a lot longer then 10 hours.  Detroit did interest me, but I think I'll wait a month or two until I can find it pre-played for cheaper

On 08/05/2018 at 03:53, Ollie said:

Finished my first playthrough of Nier yesterday and started playthrough 2. Absolutely bonkers game, one of the most satisfying gameplay loops, and the characters (especially the machines) are wonderful.

Looking forward to the second playthrough just so I can start to figure out what the hell was even going on because so far the story is basically indecipherable.

Is it worth it?  I watched Yahtzee's review where he said the story REALLY didn't come together until the 3rd playthrough.  That is a lot of time.  I bought this and Persona 5 a few weeks ago when they were both 1/2 off on PSN, and while I've really liked Persona 5, I'm not sure I'm looking forward to a game I have to play 3 times to get the whole thing... 

7 hours ago, Lint said:

I've been reading it was disappointing.  One review I read said she got the best ending after a little less then 10 hours of gameplay.  That kinda lets me down.  I plawyed Heavy Rain for longer then 10 hours.  Can't remember how long I was into Indigo Child, and I never played Beyond: Two Souls.  I also know Until Dawn, a similar game from a different company, lasted me a lot longer then 10 hours.  Detroit did interest me, but I think I'll wait a month or two until I can find it pre-played for cheaper

Is it worth it?  I watched Yahtzee's review where he said the story REALLY didn't come together until the 3rd playthrough.  That is a lot of time.  I bought this and Persona 5 a few weeks ago when they were both 1/2 off on PSN, and while I've really liked Persona 5, I'm not sure I'm looking forward to a game I have to play 3 times to get the whole thing... 

It's absolutely worth it. Without spoiling anything, All three playthroughs are completely different. The first two follow the same quest-line but from a totally different perspective and the third is it's own thing altogether. Retroactively my game of the year last year.

23 hours ago, Ruki said:

I've hit about the 50-60% way point of God of War I think...just finished 'The Sickness'

Reveal hidden contents

I love that the first thing he asks when he finds out he's a god is "Can I turn into an animal?"

Also...only killed one god so far...and not even a big name one!

Loving the game though. The writing is fantastic, the relationship between Kratos and Atreus is very well done. I really hope they do more!

Holy shit! The last hour or so of the game!

Killing Baulder....Kratos revealing his past....Frayea swearing revenger....the Loki reveal. All of it was just amazing.

Kinda sad we never got to see Thor or Odin.

8 hours ago, Ruki said:

Holy shit! The last hour or so of the game!

Hide contents

Killing Baulder....Kratos revealing his past....Frayea swearing revenger....the Loki reveal. All of it was just amazing.

Kinda sad we never got to see Thor or Odin.

Go back home and sleep in your bed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyrone said:

Detroit is somehow even better the second time around. Loving this game :D

How are you done already!?

I've done the first opening chapter, and then the first two for Kara and Marcus (is that his name?). But so far, really enjoying it! I think I want to do a second playthrough where I make all the wrong choices and get EVERYONE killed. Because fuck humans.