The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Just finished Crash 3. Again, not 100%, but the story mode is done. Seemed a fair bit easier than the first two games, and with a lot more variety and different concepts in them. Fairly fun, but also felt like I finished it much quicker than the other two. I think I completed the first two in maybe 3-4 sittings each, whereas I think I completed Crash 3 in 2. Just did 13 levels, and must've done 17 in my first sitting. Managed to go, I think, the whole game only with perhaps two or three game overs, whereas I got a hell of a lot more in the first 2 games.

• Like 1

Suddenly four games come along at once that I've really wanted.

+ Life is Strange: Before the Storm (which I downloaded the special edition of).

+ Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (Claudia Blaaaaack <3 <3 <3 ).

+ Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.

+ Everybody's Golf.

Luckily they're all in the £20s so I'll work my way through buying them.  Also, Everybody's Golf and Uncharted I'll want physical copies of as they're available.

Then the only other games in my must-have list are both next year - Detroit: Become Human and We Happy Few.

Fuck yes Hatoful Boyfriend!

The ex is picking up Everybody's Golf for me today - she works in a tech store, so gets a pretty hefty discount, and anything she isn't planning on getting for herself she tends to give me a heads up about in case I want it, so I'm getting it for just under £20 - which I'm pretty hyped about. I've heard mixed reviews, but I loved the original, and haven't played a golfing game in forever - had a weird love of them as a kid.

• Like 3

Been playing through Infamous Second Son as a time killer  (Plus, free game!)... It's not bad. Pretty same-y, but it's fun. Especially for the price of free.

I also like that all the collectables are on the map. So I might actually get them all. (Already have 2 districts at 0%. And I just crossed the bridge)

Killed a couple of hours on Everybody's Golf last night...it's good fun, though can get repetitive early on as it seems like I'm playing the same courses over and over again. So far I've only managed to get one Eagle, and that was using tornado cups, can't see myself really improving in that regard. My power game is pretty good, but I suck at putting or anything more precise. Which is an alarmingly accurate representation of my actual golfing technique.

I was surprised to find that I could replicate my own hairstyle on the character customisation, so I'm pretty happy with the "me" I've created in-game. My hairstyle is called "Hipster 2" or something like that, though, the bloody cheek.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Skummy said:

Killed a couple of hours on Everybody's Golf last night...it's good fun, though can get repetitive early on as it seems like I'm playing the same courses over and over again.

You need to get The Golf Club 2! The deep course designer means there's literally thousands of courses to play, so you'd never need to go back and play the same course twice. Plus with 3 different swing types, there's a "difficulty" setting for everyone.

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

You need to get The Golf Club 2! The deep course designer means there's literally thousands of courses to play, so you'd never need to go back and play the same course twice. Plus with 3 different swing types, there's a "difficulty" setting for everyone.

Baddar's new gimmick - "Used Car Salesman" - got a positive response.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/09/2017 at 00:14, Ruki said:

Been playing through Infamous Second Son as a time killer  (Plus, free game!)... It's not bad. Pretty same-y, but it's fun. Especially for the price of free.

I also like that all the collectables are on the map. So I might actually get them all. (Already have 2 districts at 0%. And I just crossed the bridge)

And done. There really aren't that many main story missions. I imagine if you skip the side stuff, you could be done in a few hours. 

On 08/09/2017 at 14:27, Jake O. Rhodes said:

I'm enjoying Everybody's Golf but I have no idea how people are getting -19 on 9 hole courses.

Already bored of the game. Haven't picked it up for a week or so.

There's really not a lot to do once you've finished the single-player mode other than repeatedly play the same handful of courses over and over again.

Quite disappointed really as I remember sinking loads of time into other iterations of the game.

Very glad I decided to check out Second Son, I'm having a blast with it! Really enjoyed the First Light standalone I played forever ago when it was free on Plus, but this game is great. Not a super long game, I can tell because in 2 days I've got to 54% but I'm having fun just destroying the DUP and taking over sections of the city!

• Like 1

It's Playstation Plus update time.

• Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4)
  • Amnesia: Collection (PS4)
  • RIGS: Mechanised Combat League (PS Plus Bonus - PSVR Required)
  • That's You (PS Plus Bonus - PlayLink)
  • Monster Jam Battlegrounds (PS3)
  • Hustle Kings (PS3)
  • Hue (PS Vita & PS4)
  • Sky Force Anniversary (PS Vita & PS4)
  • Haha 1